MobileDeviceXpert
MobileDeviceXpert, Mobile Engineer III
Experience:  3+ years Exp. BlackBerry Certified. BCSA, BCSS, BCSSS.
60204924

I forgot the password XXXXX my htc cell phone, how can i unlock

I forgot the password XXXXX my htc cell phone, how can i unlock it? The IMEI number is XXXXX
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  MobileDeviceXpert replied 3 years ago.

MobilityExpert : Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Stefan. I will be happy to answer your question. I need to know the model number of your HTC as there are many. However, this this the common method. PLEASE BE ADVISED YOU LOSE ALL DATA VIA THIS To A hard factory reset using phone buttons With the phone turned off please press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then press the POWER button and let go. Wait for the screen with the three Android images to come up and then release the VOLUME DOWN button.Press VOLUME DOWN to go to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the POWER button. This is standard on most models.
MobilityExpert : With an exact model number, I can confirm the exact method. This should work as I said on most models. To be clear, this is for a password XXXXX reset not a SIM unlock or carrier unlock. This is to access the HTC when the password XXXXX XXXXX
Customer:

i see imei number, s/n number and p/n number but i cant find the model number

MobilityExpert : Is it a Droid phone?
Customer:

its a htc hd7 from tmobile

MobilityExpert : Perfect - I will confirm the procedure
MobilityExpert :  With the phone turned off, press and hold the VOLUME UP and DOWN buttons, and then briefly press the POWER button.Wait for the screen to show the instructions on how to do the factory reset, and then release the VOLUME UP and DOWN buttons.Follow the instructions onscreen to factory reset your phone. 
MobilityExpert : This will delete all data
MobilityExpert : Factory hard reset
Customer:

what is factory hard reset? im okay with it deleting the data.

MobilityExpert : It means it will reset the phone to like the day you bought it
MobilityExpert : All your data will be lost
Customer:

ok thank you let me try

MobilityExpert : Please try and confirm.
MobilityExpert : The method provided is the correct method and only method for this model. If followed correct
Customer:

it worked!! thank you so much!

MobileDeviceXpert, Mobile Engineer III
Experience: 3+ years Exp. BlackBerry Certified. BCSA, BCSS, BCSSS.