Eric, Android Expert
Experience:  3 Years as an Android Developer, Complete detailed knowlege of all Android Devices and the OS itself
57442719

1. How long do phone companies keep records on phone calls,texts,

Customer Question

1. How long do phone companies keep records on phone calls,texts, voicemails etc?

2. Does Yahoo messenger archive all messages (the actual company not your computer)? if so for how long do they save them?

3.Do messages on yahoo messenger apps on a phone get saved on the phone as texts (in this case a EVO phone)? If not, are they saved at all? Does yahoo keep a record of messages that are sent on a yahoo messenger app?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Eric replied 3 years ago.

Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions.

• Depends on the company. They keep you history for up to 3 years. This history only includes the time it was sent, the person who sent it, and the person it was sent to. They do NOT store the contents of a message. Voicemails are only kept for up to 30 days on most systems, and then autodeleted unless you choose to archive them.

• The messages are stored on a server, but not for a specified amount of time. They are stored for an average of 30 days. Some chat clients like Google Talk have a feature that you can go "off the record" and nothing is stored.

3.Do messages on yahoo messenger apps on a phone get saved on the phone as texts (in this case a EVO phone)? If not, are they saved at all?

• The chats are stored on your phone, unless you delete them. They are stored in a data file. Same way text messages are, unless you delete them.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask. If not and I have helped you today Please press the Accept Button so I am credited for my time Assisting you! Please don't leave negative feedback, If something isn't working let me know and I will continue working with you to resolve it!

Positive Feedback & Bonuses are not necessary but ALWAYS appreciated!!

Click here and BOOKMARK the page to get me directly with ANY questions in the future! HelpWithAndroid.com

Eric, Android Expert
Experience: 3 Years as an Android Developer, Complete detailed knowlege of all Android Devices and the OS itself
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Outstanding thanks for the help!
Expert:  Eric replied 3 years ago.

No problem, glad I could answer your questions

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
1.How long does ATT and sprint keep their phone records?

2.Do iphones have GPS trackers in them? If so can you turn them off?

3. Do ipod touches have GPS trackers in them?
Expert:  Eric replied 3 years ago.

AT&T and Sprint keep their phone records for different periods of time. It also depends on it you are still an active account holder, if you canceled your account, and if you are a prepaid account.

1. Contract: If you are on a contract(a normal user), your records will remain as long as you have the account. If you have been with them for 10 years, you can access your call log from the beginning.
  2. Once you cancel, there is an automated process that erases your main history, this usually happens within 30 days.
  3. A prepaid account will also keep your call log, but not for more than a year in most cases.

Yes, iPhones and iPod touches have GPS built into them along with ALL smart phones. They are not "trackers", but instead just gps hardware that apps can use to determine your location.

You can turn off your GPS on an iPhone or iPod by going to Settings, then General, then Disabling "Location Services". This will disable the use of GPS on the device. Remember that many apps rely on GPS and may not work right if turned off (foursquare, maps, etc.)

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Great thanks man, last question I think.

1. Does Skype archive all phone calls? If so how long does Skype save the call logs etc.
Expert:  Eric replied 3 years ago.

They dont archive them. The history is stored on your computer, not on their servers.