Eric , Android Expert
Experience:  3 Years as an Android Developer, Complete detailed knowlege of all Android Devices and the OS itself
57442719

my android 2.2 tablet wont connect over wifi

Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Eric replied 5 years ago.

Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions.

What error do you get when you try and connect?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i go to wifi settings on the tablet and it says turn wifi on which i do then it says scanning for networks, then comes back with unable to scan for networks..i know there are 2 very good networks available
Expert:  Eric replied 5 years ago.

Ok, so its a problem in scanning for them, not connecting to them. Which make and model Android tablet are you using?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
model number: wondermedia WM8650

android verson: 2.2

kernel version: 2.6.32.9-default

build number: generic-eng 2.2 froyo Ver1.3.1-20110513.125040

I wasnt sure exactly what you needed..
Expert:  Eric replied 5 years ago.

One more question, have you ever been able to connect to a WiFi network and its just now getting the error. Or is this the first time you're connecting to WiFi or its a new tablet.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i just got the tablet, i bought it off of ebay the guy who sold it to me said he never used wifi on it he always used an ethernet cord. i am so leery of buying electronics offline but i figured ebay has buyer protection so i made the leap
Expert:  Eric replied 5 years ago.

Okay since you just bought it, you wont be losing anything from months of playing on it. We need to do a factory reset to see if its a software or hardware problem.

Go to Settings, then choose Privacy and then select Wipe Data / Factory Reset (sometimes you wont have a Privacy option, and the factory reset option will be the in the Storage & SD Card menu under Settings).

After you complete the reset, tell me if it can scan and find your networks. If not, its a hardware issue and you will need to return the device.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask. If not and I have helped you today Please press the Accept Button so I am credited for my time Assisting you! Please don't leave negative feedback, If something isn't working let me know and I will continue working with you to resolve it!

Positive Feedback & Bonuses are not necessary but ALWAYS appreciated!!

Click here and BOOKMARK the page to get me directly with ANY questions in the future! HelpWithAndroid.com

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok that didnt work i guess i will be returning the tablet thank you for your help..
Expert:  Eric replied 5 years ago.

Sorry for the bad news. If its not able to find the networks at least we now know that its hardware and not software, and you have reason to return it for your money back!