Daniel P.
Daniel P., Wireless Consultant
Experience:  Extensive experience with AT&T and Alltel/Verizon in areas of tech support and consulting!

My Pantech Reveal was dropped and the screen has turned white.

My Pantech Reveal was dropped and the screen has turned white. I can still receive and send calls and it still vibrates as well as the speed dial still works, but the screen stays white. I've tried taking the battery out and the SIM card out. Please help, I don't want to lose all my data.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for choosing JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be happy to assist you.

The problem is with your flex cable, or ribbon cable as its also called. This is the cable that connects your screen to your main board. The cable was either dislodged, damaged or severed when you dropped your phone. This will have to be physically repaired in order to make your phone operational again (visually). The good news is that usually no data loss occurs when it comes to fixing a flex cable, but prices will vary depending on location.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns about my answer. Also, please note that while you've posted a deposit, you must also click 'accept' in order to close the question and ensure your expert is credited by JustAnswer. There's NO additional charge for clicking accept. Bonuses are always appreciated for a job well done.

Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is fixing a flex cable a common job? Can any cell phone repair shop do this or is there somewhere more specialized I need to go? Thank you.
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 2 years ago.
Any cell phone repair shop can fix a flex cable, and yes, it is probably one of THE most common jobs around :)

Thanks
Daniel P., Wireless Consultant
Experience: Extensive experience with AT&T and Alltel/Verizon in areas of tech support and consulting!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi! Wanted to let you know I got handy with my screwdriver and fixed the phone sufficiently enough to transfer all my info. It's going in the recycling now, but the info is saved!! Thanks so much, because without knowing what the problem was, I wouldn't have know what to do. And you are the only answer I've been able to get from the dozens of tech support boards I've visited online.