Eric, Android Expert
Experience:  3 Years as an Android Developer, Complete detailed knowlege of all Android Devices and the OS itself
57442719

how do I download photos from my samsung galaxy 2 to my pc

Silicon Savant :

Hi there happy to help.

Silicon Savant :

You can do this one of 2 ways.....

Silicon Savant :

Lets reference this file so we are both looking at the same thing.....

Silicon Savant :

On page 114-115 you will see that you can connect to your PC using the Samsung Kies program OR connect and treat the phone as a USB removeable drive that will show up when you open My Computer.

Silicon Savant :

You can download Kies here.......

Silicon Savant :

Hope this helps,

Silicon Savant :

If this answer helped you please click the ACCEPT button.

Customer:

Hi,sorry for delay. I have downloaded Kias and all existing photos on my pc have been transferred. but not the photos on mu iphone. What am I doing wrong?

Customer:

roger

Silicon Savant :

OK, you are not able to get photos from the Galaxy to the PC?

Customer:

yes

Silicon Savant :

when you go to My Computer do you see the phone as a removeable drive?

Silicon Savant :

Start -> My Computer

Customer:

no

Silicon Savant :

is the phone on and connected?

Silicon Savant :

if so, try a different USB port on the PC.

Customer:

no change my samsung says usb connected select button below if you want to copy files between your pc and your android usb storage when i do it says usb storage in use

Silicon Savant :

can you try turning off the phone and then turning it back on again WHILE connected to the PC?

Customer:

done that no change but message came up Photo gallery cannot open this picture or video. File format not supported or don't have latest Photo galery update

Silicon Savant :

mmmhhh, I am not familiar with the updates for this phone, I will opt out and hopefully another phone expert can help here.

Silicon Savant :

sorry I couldn't assist.

Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions.

Are you still looking for a way to get the pics off the Galaxy and on to the PC?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hello, yes I'm still unable to transfer pics off galaxy to my pc

Oki.. I can put together a long list of things to check to get the pics off the Galaxy... but I think you would much rather just have a quick way to do it, that is foolproof and will work immediately, so follow these instructions and you will be able to transfer files back and forth from your Galaxy and PC without even plugging in the phone to the pc ;]

Use Dropbox:

• Visit dropbox.com (watch the video if you want, its VERY informative!). Sign up for a FREE account and download the Windows/Mac Software they provide.
  • Now open the Market app on your Android and search the Market for "dropbox".
  • Once the dropbox app installs on your Android, sign in using the same account you just created on their website.
  • That's it, now the simple part.
  • Open up ANY file (picture, video, etc.) that you have on your Android and press the Menu button on the phone. Choose to "Share" the file, and choose Dropbox as the app to share it with. (I recommend using WiFi when syncing for the first time to make it go faster)
  • As soon as its done uploading, the file will instantly become available on your computer in the Dropbox folder that you now have thanks to the Windows software you installed!
  • This also works in reverse, if you wish to you can drop a file into your dropbox folder on your computer and it will be available by opening the dropbox app on your phone.

This is by far the easiest way to wirelessly sync files to and from your pc!

A little hint. ANY file you have synced with your dropbox account is also available via dropbox.com , so you can access them from any browser on any computer, anywhere.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

sorry for delay, summoned for dinner. I have almost got there but not quite. Have downloaded D ropbox ok but when it comes to transf er pic topc when I click wi-fi connection isn't there. Have got to go out now but will continue on my return.thanks

roger

OK, you dont Have to use WiFi, it just makes it faster.

Eric, Android Expert
Experience: 3 Years as an Android Developer, Complete detailed knowlege of all Android Devices and the OS itself