Daniel P.
Daniel P., Wireless Consultant
Experience:  Extensive experience with AT&T and Alltel/Verizon in areas of tech support and consulting!
48810790

put my motorola bluetooth through the wash -blinking red l

Customer Question

put my motorola bluetooth through the wash -blinking red light
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for choosing JustAnswer, my name is Daniel and I'll be happy to assist you.

How long has it been in rice?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

about 10 hours

Expert:  Daniel P. replied 3 years ago.
Ok. The rice trick usually demands up to 48 hours to be effective. Now with that said, the rice trick has a very very low success rate when it comes to devices that have gone through an entire washing cycle--A device has a reasonable chance of recovery if the contact with moisture is prompt, such as getting splashed on by a drink or rain, however a recovery from a full washing cycle is very unlikely.

In any case, your best chances of recovery is to turn off the device and leave it in rice for 48 hours--if it still doesn't function after that period, then you should consider discarding the device.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns about my answer. Also, please note that while you've posted a deposit, you must also click 'accept' in order to close the question and ensure your expert is credited by JustAnswer. There's NO additional charge for clicking accept. Bonuses are always appreciated for a job well done.

Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
well, that doesn't tell me more than I already knew.
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 3 years ago.
You knew that the device should be in rice for 48 hours? Then why did you leave it in rice for only 10?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

well that didn't answer anything I didn't already know.

Expert:  Daniel P. replied 3 years ago.
You said that already, I am asking why you left the device in rice for only 10 hours if you knew it should be in rice for 48 hours. Did I miss something?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My bluetooth is still in rice, I know that if it didn't work, my b luetooth was kaput. You are assuming I took it out of rice bowl. I was asking if there was anything else I can do?
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 3 years ago.
Gotcha! Let me opt out and let another expert assist.

Thanks