Eric, Android Expert
Experience:  3 Years as an Android Developer, Complete detailed knowlege of all Android Devices and the OS itself

How do you transfer music from my Droid X to my laptop-- This

How do you transfer music from my Droid X to my laptop-- This way I can back up all my music that I have downloaded to my phone
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for choosing JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be happy to assist you.

How did you get the music onto your phone to begin with? Did you purchase the music?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I bought most of them from Amazon
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes and this was before they had the cloud program
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 2 years ago.
If you're simply wanting to back up your music, download the program and app called DoubleTwist. This is a program much like iTunes for iPhone. Your Amazon mp3 downloads should also be on your SD card, meaning that should should be able to mount your SD card to your PC and simply copy them over to another client on your PC.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns about my answer. Also, please note that while you've posted a deposit, you must also click 'accept' in order to close the question and ensure your expert is credited by JustAnswer. There's NO additional charge for clicking accept. Bonuses are always appreciated for a job well done.

Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I really want to know how to transfer my music from my Droid X to a computer - there is no music on the SD card . The music is in the phones memory along with two movies
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.

Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions.

Are you still looking for help with this?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes, I'm trying to get a simple answer to this question - I really want to know how to transfer my music from my Droid X to a computer or laptop- there is no music on the SD card . The music is in the phones memory along with two movies. How do I transfer the music from my Droid X to a computer or laptop hard drive
Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.

The simplest way to do it is to just plug your phone into your computer using the USB cord that came with the phone.

After the drivers are installed, you will see a prompt on the computer called "Auto-Play". One of those options will be to "Open Folder to View Files". Choose this option, you will now be browsing the phones files the same way you do on your laptop/pc. You simply need to drag and drop your files from the phone to your computer, or right click and "copy" them and "paste" them to any folder on your pc.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I just want to know if there is another way in case this way doesn't work. As soon as you reply I will accept the answer where you can get paid
Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.

yes, there is another way. Its the way that I personally use. I dont even plug my phone into my pc to transfer files.

Heres what I do.

Use Dropbox:

• Visit dropbox.com (watch the video if you want, its VERY informative!). Sign up for a FREE account and download the Windows/Mac Software they provide.
  • Now open the Market app on your Android and search the Market for "dropbox".
  • Once the dropbox app installs on your Android, sign in using the same account you just created on their website.
  • That's it, now the simple part.
  • Open up ANY file (picture, video, etc.) that you have on your Android and press the Menu button on the phone. Choose to "Share" the file, and choose Dropbox as the app to share it with.
  • As soon as its done uploading, the file will instantly become available on your computer in the Dropbox folder that you now have thanks to the Windows software you installed!
  • This also works in reverse, if you wish to you can drop a file into your dropbox folder on your computer and it will be available by opening the dropbox app on your phone.

This is by far the easiest way to wirelessly sync files to and from your pc!

A little hint. ANY file you have synced with your dropbox account is also available via dropbox.com , so you can access them from any browser on any computer, anywhere.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask. If not and I have helped you today Please press the Accept Button so I am credited for my time Assisting you! Please don't leave negative feedback, If something isn't working let me know and I will continue working with you to resolve it!

Positive Feedback & Bonuses are not necessary but ALWAYS appreciated!!

Click here and BOOKMARK the page to get me directly with ANY questions in the future! HelpWithAndroid.com

Eric, Android Expert
Experience: 3 Years as an Android Developer, Complete detailed knowlege of all Android Devices and the OS itself