PramitP
PramitP, Electronics Engineer
Experience:  Diploma in Electrical and Electronics from AVV University

My iphone tells me there is no service everywhere all the time.

My iphone tells me there is no service everywhere all the time. is this a settings problem (I have not conscioulsly changed anything)

Thank-you

Oliver Gillie
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  PramitP replied 3 years ago.

Welcome to Justanswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X will be glad to help you out.

Can you tell me which model of the iPhone are you using? How old is the phone and since when are you having this problem? What service provider are you using?

Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have had the phone just over a year. I use O2. I think it is an Iphone 3G. The problem started approximately one week ago. I have had no problem before this and the GPS features are working well.
Expert:  PramitP replied 3 years ago.
Go to Settings: General: Network: Disable 3G. Then reset your iPhone.

Try the above and let me know if you get service.

If you have any other queries then I would be glad to assist you further.

Please click the green ACCEPT button ONLY if you are SATISFIED with my help. Before leaving a negative feedback, give me one more chance to help you further.
Positive Feedback and Bonuses are greatly appreciated!!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How do I reset the phone please?
Expert:  PramitP replied 3 years ago.
  • Press and hold the Home button below the screen for at least six seconds, until the application you were using quits.
  • If that doesn’t work, turn iPhone 3G off and turn it on again. Press and hold the Sleep/ Wake button on top of iPhone for a few seconds until a red slider appears, and then drag the slider. Then press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.
  • If that doesn’t work, reset iPhone 3G. Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
The third option will delete all data on the phone but you can restore it from your computer.
PramitP, Electronics Engineer
Experience: Diploma in Electrical and Electronics from AVV University