Eric, Android Expert
Experience:  3 Years as an Android Developer, Complete detailed knowlege of all Android Devices and the OS itself

How do i get copies of my text messages off a cell phone i

Customer Question

How do i get copies of my text messages off a cell phone i no longer use? the phone is a samsung model sch-r500
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Eric replied 5 years ago.

Eric :

Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I do whatever I can to help answer your questions.

Eric :

Unfortunately, and this may not be the answer you want to hear.. but with that model phone your only option for removing sms messages is to take it into a local cellphone shop(the ones that sell prepaid phones, etc.) they have software that can retrieve it. There isnt a way for you or I to do it.

not the verizon shop the pre paid shops. would they be able to print them or just transfer them? i need them to have the time stamp of when i received them.

thanks for your help i will give it a try.

Eric :

Eric :

no, not the verizon stores.

Expert:  Eric replied 5 years ago.

You may have to go to more than one, but you should find one that has software to retrieve all the data off the phone including the text messages