Eric, Android Expert
Experience:  3 Years as an Android Developer, Complete detailed knowlege of all Android Devices and the OS itself

How to unlock lg phone if i dont have google account to un

How to unlock lg phone if i dont have google account to unlock?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Eric replied 3 years ago.

Eric :

Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I do whatever I can to help answer your questions.

Eric :

The only way to get back into a locked Android phone that you dont have the password XXXXX the Google account is to run a factory reset of the phone.

Eric :

If you tell me which model it is, I can give you the instructions on how to do it ;]

Eric :

Unfortunately, its the only way. Its meant to be a security feature so that if your phone is stolen no one can access your data

Customer:

ok

Eric :

Which LG is it?

Customer:

Gw-620

Eric :

Ok, I am looking through my notes for a sequence for that device.

Eric :

OK, can you get to the page where is says to enter your google information?

Customer:

yea

Eric :

ok, get there and press volume down, menu and camera buttons and continue to hold them for about 30 seconds or until it reboots

Customer:

Not doing anything.\

Customer:

It had a pattern lock and my son tried to unlock it and it ended up going to enter google account

Eric :

Ok, we can try one more option.. that first one is the factory set way, but i can try another method

Customer:

ok

Eric :

This way we need to try with the phone on AND off, as it could work either way.

Eric :

first try it with the phone on.

Customer:

ok

Eric :

Hold Home Key + End key for 20 seconds or until you see a "triangle with an exclamation point and a picture

Eric :

Give it 30 seconds or so, if nothing happens.. take out the battery and put it back in but dont turn it on.. then try that method again

Customer:

What if my home key is a sensor home key and a back button

Eric :

as long as its your home key

Customer:

and its a touch screen and a qwerty keyboard

Eric :

yes, we need to use the home key and end-call key thats on the phone

Customer:

it only has a home screen the middly button and a back button

Eric :

ok, you can use the back button

Eric :

try that, and then again with the phone off.

Eric :

IF that doesnt work, then you have an older firmware in that device. LG admitted its a flaw in the design of that model and was supposed to update all of them, but yours may not have received the update. The only way back in on that specific model if this doesnt work, is to send the device in.

Customer:

ok

Eric :

I know its frustrating to hear ;\

Customer:

yeah it's alright tho

Eric :

All android phones have a sequence like this to get into a reset.. LG messed up with that model

Customer:

ok thanks

Eric :

Sorry for the bad news!

Customer:

its ok

Eric :

Anything else I can help you with?>

Customer:

that's all

Eric :

Ok, have a great night!

Customer:

youi too

Eric, Android Expert
Experience: 3 Years as an Android Developer, Complete detailed knowlege of all Android Devices and the OS itself