Daniel P.
Daniel P., Wireless Consultant
Experience:  Extensive experience with AT&T and Alltel/Verizon in areas of tech support and consulting!
48810790

PUK code for Samsung T401G

Customer Question

PUK code for Samsung T401G
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for choosing JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be happy to assist you.

Who's your provider?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
StraightTalk
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is Daniel

I'm sorry that you were told this by Straight Talk. Your PUK code is unique to your phone service and there's no one on this planet that has your unique PUK code other than Straight Talk. You'll need to call Straight Talk in order to get this code. The person you spoke with must not have known what they were talking about or they were misunderstanding the situation. Just to prove that I know what I'm talking about, here's the official statement from Straight Talk, from their website:

"What should I do if my phone displays "Enter PUK code"?

The "Enter PUK code" message means that the SIM card is blocked. Please call our Customer Care Center at 1-877-430-CELL (2355) so that a representative can assist you with unlocking the SIM card."

You can find the source here: http://www.straighttalk.com/controller.block?__blockname=straight.faq.category.landing&category=troublesim

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns about my answer. Also, please note that while you've posted a deposit, you must also click 'accept' in order to close the question and ensure your expert is credited by JustAnswer. There's NO additional charge for clicking accept.

Thanks
Daniel P., Wireless Consultant
Experience: Extensive experience with AT&T and Alltel/Verizon in areas of tech support and consulting!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
well they are closed now and I hate dealing with stupid people. This is my daughter's phone and her friend locked it up by trying to guess her password. He mom setup her account and I just pay the bill. So it took me forever to get someone to help me at all. Her mom doesn't know the account info and I really don't want to have to buy her another phone. Is there anything else that can be done?
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 5 years ago.
Does the phone say "Enter PUK" or "PUK blocked" ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Enter PUK
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 5 years ago.
Ok, make sure you don't put in numbers and waste your attempts, after your attempts run out, your SIM card is permanently blocked. Unfortunately you have no choice but to wait for the company to open in the morning--I wish there were better news, but this is how the SIM card business is :(

Thanks