Daniel P.
Daniel P., Wireless Consultant
Experience:  Extensive experience with AT&T and Alltel/Verizon in areas of tech support and consulting!

I have an LG flip phone that takes pictures. I want to transfer

I have an LG flip phone that takes pictures. I want to transfer pics to my computer. I have the USB conn to my phone but cannot transfer pics to computer. I have it plugged in to the USB port but it comes up and says I need a program to use it. What program do I need to transfer pics to my computer? Can I download from your site?

Delton Morgan [email protected]
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 5 years ago.
Hello my name is Daniel

What model LG flip phone do you own?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Model #UX5500 I am using Win 7
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 5 years ago.
Ok, give bitpim a shot. It's a program which allows you to transfer media back and forth between CDMA phones to and from your computer.

You can find the download here:

If you don't see UX5500 available, try VX5500. If that doesn't work for you, then you may have better luck with VX9200.

As a last alternative (since Win7 is largely unsupported for that older model phone), is to simply send yourself the images via email. Simply compose a picture message, and then put your email address in the "TO:" area and send it to your email--sure you can only do it one at a time, but it beats having no pictures.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns about my answer. Also, please note that while you've posted a deposit, you must also click 'accept' in order to close the question and ensure your expert is credited by JustAnswer. There's NO additional charge for clicking accept.