Eric, Android Expert
Experience:  3 Years as an Android Developer, Complete detailed knowlege of all Android Devices and the OS itself

Have Samsung GT 15500 phone . cannot unlock pattern for this

Customer Question

Have Samsung GT 15500 phone . cannot unlock pattern for this phone
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Eric replied 3 years ago.

Eric :

Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is Eric and I do whatever I can to help answer your questions.

Eric :

Do you know the Google Account username that you register or logged in with when you first setup the phone?

Customer :

no

Eric :

Ok.

Eric :

The unfortunately the only option left is to factory reset the phone by booting into "recovery" mode.

Customer :

how u do this

Eric :

Remove the battery from the device, and replace it but do NOT power on the phone.

Eric :

We may have to try a few different ways as your phone is not in the "main" model lines (like the Galaxy devices) so there is very little information on it.

Customer :

done that

Eric :

Ok.

Customer :

what next

Eric :

Here is the first set of steps to try, youve already done 1 and 2

Eric :

1. Remove the battery.
  2. Replace the battery but do not power the device on.
  3. Hold down the Volume Down button then press the Power button. Hold the Power button for 2 seconds and release it without releasing the Volume Down button.
  4. Your phone will boot into hboot mode.
  5. Follow the instructions on screen to navigate through the options.
  6. Select Clear Storage.
  7. Confirm your choice by pressing the power button.
  8. Now confirm your choice by pressing the Volume Up button.
  9. When the device reboots, follow the on screen instructions to setup your new device.
Customer :

no joy

Eric :

Ok, let me look up a couple things..

Eric :

Ok, do you have a camera button on the phone?

Customer :

no

Eric :

Ok, I will research more of this phones model and find out how to get it into recovery mode. This is the only way we can reset the device.

I will let you know when i find something!

Customer :

did you find out anything for me