Eric, Android Expert
Experience:  3 Years as an Android Developer, Complete detailed knowlege of all Android Devices and the OS itself
57442719

Hi i have a samsung galaxy ace GT-S5830 and it has a virus

Hi i have a samsung galaxy ace GT-S5830 and it has a virus i think. I cant get access to the phone after pin entry. How can i fix it ?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Eric replied 3 years ago.

Eric :

Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will gladly help you find the answers you need.

Lets start with the virus. As of right now there are actually no "viruses" on the Android operating system. There is a couple "malware" apps that will track your location but you would have had to install an app from outside the Android Market for this to happen.

I can say for sure you do not have a virus.

Eric :

As far as not being able to get passed the pin/pattern security feature. If you know the google account login information for your phone (the account that was created or entered when you first setup the device) then we can get you back in without problems.

Customer:

ok well i downloaded an antivirus software and a wallpaper and my phone has crashed

Eric :

Ok, are you able to start the phone at all?

Customer:

i put in my pin and it says the application samsung home has stopped unexpectendly

Eric :

Ok. Remove the battery for two minutes. Then replace the battery and power the device back on.

Eric :

This will clear the cache and will more than likley resolve the issue.

Customer:

no same thing occured

Eric :

Ok. Then the problem lies with the Samsung Home app that they have built on top of the Android system itself. The "kernel" has errors now and the only true way to resolve the issue is to run a factory reset.

Customer:

ok how do i do that

Eric :

Are you able to access the menu on your phone?

Customer:

no

Eric :

Ok. then we will have to go around it. Remove the battery and replace it but do not power the device on.

Customer:

ok done

Eric :

Ok. Now press and hold the Menu key and the Power button at the same time.

Eric :

The phone will enter a restore state

Customer:

yea it did

Eric :

You will now choose "wipe data/factory reset". This will return your phone to its original state. After it restarts you can setup the phone using the same google account you are using now and your contacts will be restored as long as they were synced to google

Eric :

This will resolve all software related issues that you were experiencing.

Eric :

And a little hint for you. AVG and other "anti-virus" apps are not needed right now ;]

There isnt a real threat of viruses unless you are installing apps from outside the Android Marketplace.

Customer:

is it suppose to take a long time to restart

Eric :

It can take up to 10 minutes sometimes.

Eric :

If for some very rare reason yoru phone doesnt restart after 10 minutes, just remove the battery and restart the process.

Customer:

its fixed thank you soooooooooooooo much

Eric :

No problem ;]

Eric, Android Expert
Experience: 3 Years as an Android Developer, Complete detailed knowlege of all Android Devices and the OS itself