Eric, Android Expert
Experience:  3 Years as an Android Developer, Complete detailed knowlege of all Android Devices and the OS itself
57442719

hi i have a nokia n8 and the camera has just stopped working

hi i have a nokia n8 and the camera has just stopped working [just black screen]
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Eric replied 3 years ago.

Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will gladly help you find the answers you need.

If it is a software issue with the camera, lets try this. Remove the battery from the phone for two minutes. Replace it and repower the device. Please try and now take a picture and let me know what happens.

A hard reset(removing the battery), clears almost 99% of all software related issues.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
n8 has built in battery so cannot remove
Expert:  Eric replied 3 years ago.

If you would like to here is a link to a short picture guide on how to remove the battery. Its very simple, two screws and it comes right out.

The only other option is to perform a factory reset of the device to return it to the original state it was on the first time you turned it on.

I would recommend the battery first as this would be the best way and also ensure you don't lose any data during a factory reset.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
have no tools to remove batery so dont know if this will solve the problem
Expert:  Eric replied 3 years ago.

Unfortunately when it comes to glitches in the kernels of the operating system on smart phones, there are few choices.

1. Remove battery for a hard reset
  2. Complete a Factory Reset
  3. Call your carrier and request a replacement device due to fatal hardware error in the device. This should cost you nothing or very little.

Nothing else you can do when it comes to these sorts of issues.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
problem not solved yet but thanks for trying.willing to pay £6.00
Expert:  Eric replied 3 years ago.

If you wish to credit me for the time in assisting you, please click the green accept button.

Thank You Smile

Eric, Android Expert
Experience: 3 Years as an Android Developer, Complete detailed knowlege of all Android Devices and the OS itself