Eric, Android Expert
Experience:  3 Years as an Android Developer, Complete detailed knowlege of all Android Devices and the OS itself
57442719

My HTC Android phone wont ring, it will only vibrate. The

Customer Question

My HTC Android phone won't ring, it will only vibrate. The settings say sound is on and vibration is off, but it still won't ring. Don't know if this is related, but it also won't make any sounds when I play Bubble Breaker on it. However, when going through the Sound settings, the different available ringtones are audible when I sample them, they just can't be heard when a call comes in.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Eric replied 5 years ago.

Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is Eric and I will gladly help you find the answers you need.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

It sounds like you have some errors in the kernel of the Android OS, and the only true way to fix this is by running a factory reset.

As long as you have a Google account synced to your device, your contacts, calendar, etc. will be re-synced to the device after you run the initial setup again. As far as any data that is stored on the SD Card(images, music, etc.), it will not be erased. Only the phones internal memory is formatted.

If you would like to run the reset, i will post directions for you. I'm afraid its the last option you have since you have already done a hard reset of the device and gone through all the settings.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I did a reset which involved holding down the volume and on-off buttons. It wiped off all unsaved or unsynced data in the phone and required it to be set up again from scratch. (This is what I meant by a hard reset, but perhaps that was the wrong term?) anyway, is this procedure what you mean by a factory reset?
Expert:  Eric replied 5 years ago.

Yes, that is what I meant. A factory reset to restore the original settings.

If you are still having issues then it is not solvable by either one of us. The good thing is that should be covered under warranty/insurance, and wont cost you anything to replace it.

Just call your carrier and tell them the ringer doesn't work. If they ask, tell them it doesn't work at ALL.. ever, that way they don't question you at all and just send you a new device immediately.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Oh dear, that's too bad. I really appreciate your efforts to give me an answer, but because I didn't get any information I didn't already have, I don't feel I should have to pay. Is there some way for me to give you a high rating without accepting and paying for the answers? And should I have another question in the future, can I ask for you specifically? (Incidentally, "Genius" doesn't have a "u" in it, but you might have spelled it that way deliberately.)
Expert:  Eric replied 5 years ago.

Its ok, I am sorry to bring you the bad news. No, unless you accept the answer you would not be able to give me feedback although i very much appreciate the thought!

You can bookmark this page to ask me a question directly in the future.

Yeah lol. I added the O for the fun of it, although you are the first person to get the joke

Register Here