Eric, Android Expert
Experience:  3 Years as an Android Developer, Complete detailed knowlege of all Android Devices and the OS itself
57442719

My Motorola Droid is stuck on airplane mode. How can i fix

Customer Question

My Motorola Droid is stuck on airplane mode. How can i fix it?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 3 years ago.
Hello my name is Daniel

You said you've reset the phone. How did you reset it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Daniel. Well I have reset the phone by going to privacy settings and touching Factory Reset. When it comes up with the little loading thing it comes up with a explanation mark.

Expert:  Daniel P. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for that info.

And when your phone came back on, it was still in airplane mode?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes it was still on airplane mode. Soon the airplane sign was gone. I thought it was fixed but when I tried to put a line on it by calling *228 it would just say mobile network needed. That should not happen. Also I tried Airplane mode off and it froze that button.
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 3 years ago.
Is this the original Droid?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes it is. Motorola Droid 1.
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 3 years ago.
Ok. Lets try approaching the reset a different way:

1. Turn the Droid off. If it won’t turn off, take the battery out then place it back in.

2. Open the keyboard and press the X key while pressing and holding Power. The device will power on. Keep holding the buttons down until a yellow triangle appears on the screen.

3. Press the Camera and Volume Up buttons at the same time to get to the menu. (I had to press them several times to get it to work).

4. Use the direction pad to the right of the keyboard to select the Format option.

Tell me how that goes.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It all works well but when i did the format option it says E;Finished Suspence E:Open dev... for like 20 times and says reached number of retires. giving up... Failed to ini the engine! aux _status =1 BP clar failed.

Expert:  Daniel P. replied 3 years ago.
Hmmm. Im going to opt out and let another expert assist with this error, since I have not encountered that one before.

Thank you for your patience.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
OK
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I need someone that is a true fast expert that can fix my software problem with my device.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Expert:  Eric replied 3 years ago.

Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will gladly help you find the answers you need.

Did you complete a Full Factory Reset on the phone?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes. Ey member me Eric. You fixed my Droid Eris. jaja.
Expert:  Eric replied 3 years ago.
If you have already completed a complete factory reset and wiped all data, then unfortunately there is a hardware failure in your device not allowing it to turn on the radios.

I would recommend you run another factory reset, just to make sure.

If the device is rooted I would recommend trying either an MIUI or Cyanogen ROM. If the device is not rooted, just do the factory reset.

If you cannot get it to work after the reset you should call for a replacement device(if you have insurance on the device or its still under warranty).
Eric, Android Expert
Experience: 3 Years as an Android Developer, Complete detailed knowlege of all Android Devices and the OS itself
Expert:  Eric replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I do remember you Smile

I'm glad we could get your other device working again! Now lets see about this one.