Eric, Android Expert
Experience:  3 Years as an Android Developer, Complete detailed knowlege of all Android Devices and the OS itself
57442719

How do I get the motorola droid secret menu

Customer Question

Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Eric replied 5 years ago.
Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will gladly help you find the answers you need.

Which menu are you asking for. I am an Android App/OS developer. I have developed over a dozen apps and currently am working in the CyanogenMod project and can tell you that there isn't a "Secret" menu in any Android device.

If you are looking for super user access, or something of this nature. That can only be accomplished by Rooting your device and loading a custom recovery image on it, which also voids your warranty. Rooting should also only be done if you are very technically savvy and comfortable running command lines.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have a data sheet that has a heading "Using Linux to get Internet Access on your Verizon Phone for Free." Under Configuring your phone" it states, the first thing you will have to figure out is how to access your phone's hidden programming mewnu. This varies from phone to phone. For those with a Motorola v325i, the programming menu is accessed by pressing <CLR>073887 in rapid succession, and then entering a security code of 000000. They go on to say, once you get the menyu, select "Web Sessions" and then "New Entry" and so forth. I am assuming there is a code to get at the "Hidden Menu" in the A855 as well. This is the web site.

http://www.rightbrainnetworks.com/blog/using-linux-to-get-internet-access-on-your-verizon-phone-for-free/
Expert:  Eric replied 5 years ago.
The tutorial you are using is not applicable to the Droid. The Droid runs on the Android Operating System and has nothing to do with the settings/menus you are reading about on those older model phones.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you cant get free internet with an Android Device. Trust me, I work on Android all day and wish i could!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
are the older phones as described in the blog still available or are there phones other than the droid that can be used in this type of app.
Cheers
Expert:  Eric replied 5 years ago.
You can find almost any phone you want no matter the age on ebay.

As far as any other phones accessing the internet without the carriers knowlege I cannot tell you that, but I will tell you it wont be possible with any Android Phone or iPhone.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your help

Cheers
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your help. I have an android app if you are interested.
[email protected]

Cheers
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
sargent"at"digitaldevelopment.net

Cheers