Dustin, Technician
Experience:  5 years setting up CDMA and GSM networks, and repairing the devices that go along with those networks.

my motorola citrus is hard locked, how do i unlock it or reset

Customer Question

my motorola citrus is hard locked, how do i unlock it or reset it?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com

My name is Dustin, and I am here to help!

what exact model do you have
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
motorola citrus wx445
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
There are a couple ways to reset it;

lets try this first;

1.From a home screen, select Applications > Settings > Privacy > Factory data reset.
2.Select Reset device.
If presented, enter the current passcode or draw the unlock pattern.
3.Select Erase everything.

Let me know if you run into problems.

Please click the green accept button to show I have assisted you.

If you still need assistance, You can reply to this message at any time.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
cant get to the main screen. the wrong unlock pattern was tryed to many times. now the phone is locked and asking for gmail login and password to unlock the phone. i do not have a gmail account on that cell phone plan
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
lets try the second method and see if you get same error;

1.Press and hold the Power button for approximately 3 seconds.
If the device is nonresponse remove / replace the battery. Refer to Battery Inserting / Removing for additional assistance.
2.Select Power off.
3.Press and hold the Volume Up / Down keys then press and hold the Power button (simultaneously).
4.Release all keys when the Android Notification Screen is displayed.
5.Press the End key.
6.Press the Volume down key to select wipe data / factory reset.
7.Press and hold the Camera key then press the Volume Down key to select Yes.
8.Release the Camera key.
9.Select reboot system now is selected.
10.Press the Camera key.

let me know what it is prompting you to do;
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
android notification screen does not show up. phone just shuts off, ive been trying this method for probably an hour now, any more ideas?
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
question..

did you start from the phone off, and then.

.Press and hold the Volume Up / Down keys then press and then hold the Power button

?

that should turn it on.. not shut it off. it should be off when you start

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

started with the power on and with the power off. no difference

Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
do you have a gmail account 'at all'? before, currently etc?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I just added a gmail account to that verizon account about an hour ago, I have talked to verizon for probably an hour or so but they cant seem to figure anything out.

Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
Im sorry. i have to go for the night.. ive been online for over 12 hours.

we can continue together tommorow.

or i can opt out to let another expert in. your choice