Eric, Android Expert
Experience:  3 Years as an Android Developer, Complete detailed knowlege of all Android Devices and the OS itself
57442719

I am in safe mode on my cell phone. I can receive calls but,

Customer Question

I am in safe mode on my cell phone. I can receive calls but, otherwise the phone is of no use to me. I never wrote down my user name or password. I didn't think I would ever use it. I just came from the at&t store the asssociate told me to get in touch with goggle and see if you could help. I don't think I can receive text messeges, only incoming phone calls. If this is any help my cell # XXXXX(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Eric replied 5 years ago.
Hi ;]

I would love to get this resolved for you but I will need more information.

What model phone is it?
What version of Android is it running (i can help you find this out).

Also, you may not want to post your phone number in the question. It wont help us with your problem ;]

Expert:  Eric replied 5 years ago.
If you can let me know which model phone you are using, I will gladly get you through this process.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
did you get my reply that the phone is a sony Xperia?
Expert:  Eric replied 5 years ago.
Is it an Xperia1, Xperia10, ir Xperia Play?

If youre not sure, we can look at pictures to find out.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it just says sony Xperia, I can gp back to the store nad ask, its right around the corner
Expert:  Eric replied 5 years ago.
Here is what we can do.

We can do a hard reset of your phone, which will return is back to factory conditions. You will have to reinstall the apps you've downloaded or purchased, but wont have to pay for any again.

Your contacts SHOULD be backed up in your Google account and will resync with your phone after logging in the first time. (this will not happen if you have specifically chosen NOT to add your contacts to Google).

If you would like directions on resetting your phone, let me know. It would be helpful to know the exact model as not all Xperia phones have the same physical buttons which are used to enter factory reset mode.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I will be right back I am going to run to the at&t store
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Eric it is a sony Xperia x10a
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
my tech is offline and I have the info he needed, my phone still is not working, do I have to pay someone else now?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I would like directions on re-setting my phone
Expert:  Eric replied 5 years ago.
I will be getting you those directions right now!
Expert:  Eric replied 5 years ago.
Lets try this method first.

Download the Sony Update Service for your phone. This is designed to update your phone to the new version of the software running.

Here: http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/softwaredownloads/detailed/updateservice/xperiax10?cc=gb&lc=en

Download and Run, following the instructions as you go. If this doesn't work (and it should!) we will try resetting it another way.

Expert:  Eric replied 5 years ago.
I do have another option for you.

Try calling yourself from another phone. Answer the call, now dont hang up but try and press the home key while your call is still ongoing. This may take you to the home screen where you can go to settings and disable the security that locking you out. Be it password, or patterns.