Dustin, Technician
Experience:  5 years setting up CDMA and GSM networks, and repairing the devices that go along with those networks.

why wont my new lg g2x connect to my home wifi

Customer Question

why wont my new lg g2x connect to my home wifi?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.

The phone doesnt like the type of encryption you have on your wireless router.

You will either need to change the encryption type, or turn it off.

I can help you do both. Whats the name brand of your home wireless router?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
netgear
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
Thanks..

Ok.. the quickest way to do this. Is for us to wipe your netgear clean.

Remove your passwords .. and see if the phone can connect to the plain netgear network, with no encryption.

afterwards, I can quickly and easily help you add a password XXXXX the wireless.

Butthe thing is.. if the phone cant connect without a password. it just isnt going to connect.
SO lets find out.

Step one

Turn router around;

Find the small pinhole usually located by the power cord;

Stick something like a paperclip in it and press down firmly for 1 minute;

wait until you see the lights blink and then go out;

Then; unplug the power cord from router for about half a minute;

Then, plug it back in.

This is the only way it will finalize reseting and it takes away your encryption;

resets your network name back to Netgear.

Now.. once the computer is connected again. ( it wont require a password XXXXX wireless)

Try to connect with the phone.. No password XXXXX now.

Can it connect?

To get back to me..

Come back to Justanswer.com

On the top right, click login. use the same email address you used to ask this question.

Once logged in.

On the top right click on my questions. And you will see our question listed there.

Simply click our question, and send me a response!

Please click the green accept button to show I have assisted you.

If you still need assistance, You can reply to this message at any time.

Thanks!

If my answer helped, please make sure to leave positive feedback on the screen that comes up after clicking accept. If my answer did not work, please wait to leave feedback till we get the issue fixed!
Dustin, Technician
Experience: 5 years setting up CDMA and GSM networks, and repairing the devices that go along with those networks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

should my pc be off when i do this?

Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
No, your pc can be on..

if you get stuck, let me know!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
this did not work, is there any thing else i could try?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
this didn't work, is there anything else i could try?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
never mind, all set, ty