Daniel P.
Daniel P., Wireless Consultant
Experience:  Extensive experience with AT&T and Alltel/Verizon in areas of tech support and consulting!
48810790

I have a Samsung tablet that I am locked out of. The lock

Customer Question

I have a Samsung tablet that I am locked out of. The lock says too many pattern attempts. I have tried to reset to factory settings and I am still locked out.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 5 years ago.

Daniel P. :

Hello my name is Daniel

Daniel P. :

What is the model of your tablet?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I am getting it off the box

Expert:  Daniel P. replied 5 years ago.
alright
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Model is SCHI800BKV Galaxy Tab

I will have to leave my computer at 7:00 or in 15 min. Do you think this will require more time than that?

Expert:  Daniel P. replied 5 years ago.
Well, it may or may not, but if it does you can always save this page to favorites and then come back and post whenever you find it convenient
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok..waiting
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 5 years ago.
Ok, im narrowing down our potential solutions, in the meanwhile, please answer me these questions

1. What carrier is the tablet through?

2. how did you do the reset?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Verizon is the service provider however, it is for my daughter and I do not have it hooked up to a plan. So we just have the device.

I looked online googled "samsung tablet hard reset"

It told me to hold vol. up and power at the same time. Then select the wipe data and factory reset. We did that twice however, still locked out.

Expert:  Daniel P. replied 5 years ago.
Ok, did the reset take place? In other words, did the tablet appear to restore and wipe and everything?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

It powered down and up but I can't tell because I am still locked out. The screen comes up to enter my username or email and password and when we do this, it says invalid user name or password.

If I save this page to favorites, will you be here when I come back?

Expert:  Daniel P. replied 5 years ago.
The page will be here and youll be able to post to it. Ill be notified of your post but I may be away from the computer at that particular time. Ill post back as soon as I am available after I get the nofitication.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I will be leaving for a few hours and will be online soon! I hope you can help us then!

Mrs. K.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
We have solved the problem and no longer need this service. Thank you!