Mr. Clark
Mr. Clark, Cell Phone Engineer
Experience:  Cell Phone Repair Business Owner & CIS Degree

How can I retrieve old e-mails on my iPhone. Only 200 are

How can I retrieve old e-mails on my iPhone. Only 200 are displayed and I don't seem to be able to get older ones. I can access server in sent items but not in inbox
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 3 years ago.
Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer, a paid global support site.

The limit on the iPhone is 200 messages per mailbox. You will need to access your mailbox from a PC/Mac to view the rest.

There is no way to view beyond 200 messages per mailbox in iOS.

Let me know if you need further assistance.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok but my friend who has an iPhone showed me yesterday that he was able to retrieve much more than that. He uses aTT and not verizon but that should not matter. Any reason why he was able to do that (and why I am able to do it in my sent items). Can I set up folders through my computer that will show up on my phone?
Expert:  replied 3 years ago.
If the email account is an Microsoft Exchange account (i.e. an account that your company like a job offers) then you can change the days to sync to no limit and it will show all the emails in the mailbox.

If you have a Microsoft Exchange email through your workplace, you will need to contact their IT department about specifics of how to configure your iPhone to get more messages (every company is different and has different security policies).

If you are using a POP or IMAP (i.e. Yahoo!, AOL, GMail, Hotmail, Live, MSN, etc.), then you are limited to 200 emails.

As far as "folder [on your] computer that will show up on [your] phone", you can only do this through the webmail client or an Microsoft Exchange server. For example, if you have your iPhone set up for IMAP with GMail, then anything you do at GMail.com will appear on the iPhone and vice versa.

If you use a problem like Microsoft Outlook or Mac Mail, the folders are all locally stored on your computer, not on the email server, thus, your iPhone will be limited to what is on the email server. In short, no folders.

There are other apps that can allow more emails, but they are within the jailbroken iPhone realm, are unstable, can crash or overheat your iPhone (causing possible permanent damage to cause your iPhone not to work), and are not in the App Store because they are not approved for use. Jailbreaking your iPhone voids your warranty as well, so I would advise to avoid that.

Let me know if you need more assistance.

Mr. Clark, Cell Phone Engineer
Experience: Cell Phone Repair Business Owner & CIS Degree