Richard S.
Richard S., Accounts and Device Specialist
Experience:  5 years working with major US carriers in billing, contracts, devices and network
46174997

I have a Samsung Fascinate phone. It is in Safe Mode...what

Customer Question

I have a Samsung Fascinate phone. It is in Safe Mode...what is that and how do I get it out of Safe Mode. I have been experiencing great difficulty with the phone for the past 3 days. It just shut down for several hours a few days ago. I was able to restart it the next day. My car's bluetooth can't connect to phone since the trouble began. Any help will be appreciated. Sincerely, Danny

ps. actually I just went out in the car and the phone did connect to the car. But I am still concerned about the eratic behavior of the phone. I downloaded the latest update to the Android OS 2.2 approximately a week ago. Could this be related to the eratic behavior of the phone? Is there anything you can suggest to get this phone on the right track?

Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Richard S. replied 3 years ago.

Hello and sorry for the trouble that you are having. Please try the steps below in this EXACT order.

Remove the battery and SIM (if you have on, varies by carrier) from the phone and wait 20 seconds, then, with the battery still out, plug it into your wall charger, then place the battery and SIM back in and turn the phone back on.

If it works, please click Accept as that is how I get credit. If not, let me know and we will keep working on it. Bonus NOT necessary but ALWAYS appreciated!!

PLEASE DO NOT leave Negative feedback! If you need more help PLEASE just reply to this question and I will keep working with you!
Experience: 5 years working with major US carriers in billing, contracts, devices and network
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the information. The phone is now not in Safe Mode. Can you tell me why it would have gone into Safe Mode? What does that mean?
Safe mode is a way to access the boot menu without actually letting the device fully load, usually used when there is a issue with an app etc.

You probably hit a key when it was booting up and put it into this mode. Not a big deal. Just do the steps I listed if you ever have this issue again! Thank you!