Engineer John C., Cell Phones Expert
Experience:  Computer Science Engineer and A+ Certified
23822421

My phone says that I need to insert the SIM card but its already

My phone says that I need to insert the SIM card but it's already in. I've tried taking it out and putting it back in, cleaning the terminals, and it still won't work. I only got this phone in August. What's going on?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be very happy and will do my best to help you.

If you remove the SIM card and install a different one (from a friend, etc) do you get the same issue?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I don't have another SIM card. My friends don't either.
Please reset the phone.

To reset the phone follow the steps below:

1. From the standby screen, press the left soft key for Menu
  2. Select Settings (9)
  3. Select Reset Settings (7)
  4. Select Reset Phone (1)
  5. Press the left soft key for OK
  6. Enter the Password XXXXX press the left soft key for OK
  7. If prompted, enter the Password XXXXX press the left soft key for OK to confirm
  8. Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.
  9. If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It will not even go to the menu. As soon as the Samsung screen disappears it says insert SIM card.
OK, please remove the battery and wait 15 minutes, then insert it back. Please keep me posted
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That still did not work.

Then unfortunately you will need to go to your cellphone provider store (AT&T, Verizon, etc, your provider) and tell them to check the GSM sim. It may be defective, they just change it with a new GSM sim using your same phone number.

If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

Engineer John C., Cell Phones Expert
Experience: Computer Science Engineer and A+ Certified