Eric, Android Expert
Experience:  3 Years as an Android Developer, Complete detailed knowlege of all Android Devices and the OS itself

my cell phone model LG 620G has a headphone symbol on it...I

Customer Question

my cell phone model LG 620G has a headphone symbol on it...I can't recieve calls or make any calls. A letter E is next to the bars where the tower symbol should be. Why can't i recieve or make calls? what is wrong?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 5 years ago.
HEllo my name is Daniel

Is this an AT&T phone by chance?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I assume so as I use At&t service with it. Why?

Expert:  Daniel P. replied 5 years ago.
I ask because the 'E' that you see is actually a signal TYPE called EDGE. This is a network AT&T operates on which allows for voice transmission and provides slow data speeds--that's why you see the E. That's nothing to worry about. The headset on the screen without having anything plugged in usually indicates some type of error caused by external moisture breach. Please remove the back cover and battery and look for any small stickers on the back of the phone; you may also see one on the battery as well. What are the colors of these stickers? They can be white, red or pink.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

There are no stickers whatsoever on the battery or the phone. It's an LG620G, division of Trac Phone with At&t Service purchased thru the Walmart "Straight talk" program and the E is still in the top left corner. Some symptoms of problems are that navigation is delayed by a full second after pushing a button. Secondly, lately the battery seems to drain faster and a once the other day it never seemed to take a full charge. I seem to be experiencing more "dropped calls" than normal and the other party says that there are dropouts during our conversation. Does this information help? Thanks