Jesse
Jesse, Cell Phone Technician
Experience:  Certified iPhone Repair Technician, Lifelong Electronics Geek
27955634

How do you email video when it says it is too long

Customer Question

How do you email video when it says it is too long ?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Jesse replied 3 years ago.

Jesse :

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer.com!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help.

Customer:

hello

Jesse :

Typically, it's much easier to either post it to an online service and use the private setting to only share with certain people, or cut it into several pieces. If you tell me more about where the video is coming from, and how you're trying to send it, I can offer more advice.

Customer:

I am trying to email a 5 minute video to the Sheriff's dept.

Jesse :

Do you know what format the video is in?

Customer:

what do you mean? Where do I look for the correct answer?

Jesse :

Are you using a Mac or PC?

Customer:

The video was taken from my droid x which I am trying to email from it.

Jesse :

Okay, and it's telling you that the video is too large?

Customer:

yes

Jesse :

When you try to send it, does it give you the option to resize the video?

Customer:

No it does not say it gives the option to resize, it just tells me video is to large to attach. When I press the 4 windows key then it gives me the option to resize. Is that what I should be doing?

Jesse :

Yes, that's what we need to do. You can also get that option by selecting it in your gallery, then choosing settings->edit->advanced->settings->resize. You'll want to make it as small as possible, then try sending again.

Customer:

176x144 or original?

Jesse :

176x144

Customer:

Then do we need to save it?

Jesse :

Yes.

Customer:

It takes a while to save, is that normal?

Jesse :

Yes, it's compressing the video.

Customer:

After is saves then we email it?

Jesse :

Yes, it should be small enough them.

Customer:

Do you want to wait that long for the process?

Jesse :

That should do it, and if it doesn't the video will need to be moved to a computer and then burned to a disc anyway. If that resizing doesn't make it small enough the video can't be emailed.

Customer:

Thank you

Jesse, Cell Phone Technician
Experience: Certified iPhone Repair Technician, Lifelong Electronics Geek