Richard S.
Richard S., Accounts and Device Specialist
Experience:  5 years working with major US carriers in billing, contracts, devices and network
46174997

The Report on a text message says Pending. I havent receive

Customer Question

The "Report" on a text message says "Pending." I haven't received a response so wonder if I should resend. However, I checked other texts I have sent and some of them say "Pending", too, although I know they were received because I got replies. The only connection I can see is that those that say "Pending" all (might) have been sent to ATT customers...
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Richard S. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, what model of phone do you have?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Motorola Droid 2 with Verizon
Hmmm, ok, Please try the steps below in this EXACT order.

Remove the battery from the phone and wait 20 seconds, then, with the battery still out, plug it into your wall charger, then place the battery back in and turn the phone back on. Now see if they send (might take 20 seconds or so after it connets to the network again)

If it works, please click Accept as that is how I get credit. If not, let me know and we will keep working on it. Bonus NOT necessary but ALWAYS appreciated!!

PLEASE DO NOT leave Negative feedback! If you need more help PLEASE just reply to this question and I will keep working with you!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX I am positive that other texts with the "Pending" label in the report HAVE been received but just don't say so. And so I don't know whether this one tonight really is "Pending" or not.... Perhaps I'm not explaining correctly?
got ya, but the steps I outlined should reset the report. It sounds like the status is not being recieved for some reason, so this is a good first step to push that through and see if they update
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Sorry, Richard! I did exactly as you said (though getting that protective cover off my phone to get at the battery was tough!) and the reports on SOME messages I know were sent and received (along with the latest one I'm wondering about) still say "Pending." It's a puzzle!!

That is really odd. With reciept for text, unless it is within the same carrier, but usually it shows delivered.

Have you always had this show up the same way for the people you are texting or did it used to say delivered etc?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I never used to check the report, but I sent a rather important text tonight and was wondering about the long wait for a response. I've now gone through the "archives" on all the recipients of texts I've sent on this phone and find that "Pending" is only showing up for people who have I-phones with ATT; every text I've sent to those people reports as "Pending." And I only checked texts I am certain really were received. I think it might be fair to blame ATT on this one!

Haha ! I am always looking for reasons to blame AT&T. There is a slight chance that using Handcent as a SMS app MAY provide a report for iphones (which use a different feedback for threaded chat) but I am only about 25% on that.

Sorry this is not a great solution :(
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks anyway. I'll look into Handcent.
Cool! Best of luck!!