Richard S.
Richard S., Accounts and Device Specialist
Experience:  5 years working with major US carriers in billing, contracts, devices and network

my phone says battery disconnected when i try to charge it

my phone says battery disconnected when i try to charge it .. it is only a month old. i have tried disconnecting and reconnecting and clean battery connectors. what is the problem? thanks.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Richard S. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, please try the following steps in this exact order.

Remove the battery and SIM (if you have on, varies by carrier) from the phone and wait 20 seconds, then, with the battery still out, plug it into your wall charger, then place the battery and SIM back in and turn the phone back on.

If that does not work, then try charging the phone via the USB cable and see if it will charge correctly.

Let me know how that works! There are a bunch of other things that we can try.

If it works, please click Accept as that is how I get credit. If not, let me know and we will keep working on it. Bonus NOT necessary but ALWAYS appreciated!!

PLEASE DO NOT leave Negative feedback! If you need more help PLEASE just reply to this question and I will keep working with you!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
hey, thanks for the response. it turned out i just had the wrong charger plugged into my phone. but thanks, anyway. i will go ahead and pay you for your effort. thank you.