Daniel P.
Daniel P., Wireless Consultant
Experience:  Extensive experience with AT&T and Alltel/Verizon in areas of tech support and consulting!
48810790

I have a Nokia 1209. I tried to activate the pin fuction and

I have a Nokia 1209. I tried to activate the pin fuction and was asked for a PUK Code. I tried to enter the pin number I set but it doesn't work. i was never given a PUK Code and now my phone is locked and I cannot use it. Is there a default code to unlock my phone?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 5 years ago.
Hi there. Who's your wireless carrier?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

My phone is a prepaid phone through Roshan, the major wireless company in Afghanistan. I'm in the military and it's a phone I use for work.

Expert:  Daniel P. replied 5 years ago.

Gotcha!

The PUK stands for Personal Unlocking Key--this means that there's a unique code that only fits your SIM Card. Therefore the only party that has this number on file is your wireless carrier, which in this case is Roshan--there are no generic PUK codes I'm afraid, they are all unique. The only way to unlock the PUK without obtaining a new SIM through Roshan is to contact Roshan for the PUK code.

Now, you only get 10 attempts to put in the PUK code, after 10 attempts, your SIM card will permanently lock so make sure you don't try to guess the code.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns about my answer. Also, please note that while you've posted a deposit, you must also click 'accept' in order to close the question and ensure your expert is credited by JustAnswer. There's NO additional charge for clicking accept.

Thanks