Mike, Cell Phone Technician
Experience:  6+ Years Repair / Support / Troubleshooting / and Programming Experience
11762411

my phone is locked, how do i reset my lg adroid mobile pho

Customer Question

my phone is locked, how do i reset my lg adroid mobile phone
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Hi, thanks for posting your question on JustAnswer.com!

Can you tell me which model LG Android device you have?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i have the metropcs 3.2 mega pixels lg. i just got this phone last weekend.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the additional information, but I need the model of your phone. MetroPCS is where you bought the phone, and LG is the brand. There are several different LG phones on MetroPCS. Check behind the battery door, or maybe go to the MetroPCs website to see if you can identify which model you have.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

o im sorry ok i looked it up. behind my battery the model no. is LGMS690. so basically its a LG OPTIMUS M

Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Not a problem, no worries. Perfect, that's exactly what I needed. Thank you... You are correct in that you'll need to reset your phone. The reset procedure for your model is to hold the Volume Up, Home, and Search buttons for at least 5 seconds while the phone is on (that's 3 different buttons). If you're not quite sure which buttons those are, visit this page for an illustration: LG Optimus M Reset illustration. After the reset, you should be able to get back into your phone.

Regards,

Edited by Mike on 2/23/2011 at 4:30 PM EST
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
nope i tryed and it didnt work. i went on that site yesterday and it didnt work. i thought it was because i dont have that excat phone on the picture. on the front screen starting with the first key, i have what i think is the option button, home key, the go back key, and the search key. on the right sideof the phone i have the volume button (up and down but not spaced out), and the camera button.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

aww man. ok thanks. i want to metro and they recommended me 2 take it to a bigger metro so they can reset it. i was try avoid the 30min. drive. but for trying take care.

Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Not a problem. Glad to help you reach a solution to your problem, even though it's not always as simple as we had hoped for.

Regards,