Richard S.
Richard S., Accounts and Device Specialist
Experience:  5 years working with major US carriers in billing, contracts, devices and network

how do i remove sim card from lg phone

how do i remove sim card from lg phone?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Richard S. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, do you have this phoen with Verizon ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes, it is with Verizon

Hello, that is what I thought. Verizon does not have SIM cards in any of their phones besides their International phones and the SIMS in those are ONLY for use when roaming on other carriers GSM networks (which require SIM cards.)

Verizon uses CDMA which is a integrated chipset and does not require or allow SIM cards.

That being said, what are you looking to do so I can see if I can help you out!

You can reply back even after you ACCEPT the answer, it does not close the question and we will keep working on this until we solve the issue for you!

PLEASE DO NOT leave Negative feedback! If you need more help PLEASE just reply to this question and I will keep working with you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am going to Thailand next week.

I have bought a Nokia X3 02 and wonder what are my options.

The Nokia is a quad, unlocked phone.

Ok, and you want your Verizon phone number to work in Thailand? Or just want to use a phone while there?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so what can I do?

Do I carry two phones in order to communicate?

Your Verizon phone will NOT work in Thailand, it is 100% CDMA. can you tell em what you are looking to achieve? do you need your VERIZON phone number to ring in Thailand etc or do you just need A phone to use while over there and do not care about the phone number?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If my Verizon phone rings, will I see it ring and be able to see the number dialing?

Then can I call back on the international phone so that it is cheaper for me? In this sense I would be carrying 2 phones and that is ok with me.

Is there a better way? what is the cheapest thing for me to do?

Nope, it wont have service at all. How long will you be there?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will be there for 2 weeks.

Maybe I'll just have to call anyone important and give them my International phone number?

Ok, If you NEED your VERIZON number to ring when you are over there, I would use the Verizon Global travel program (see link below.)

basically, they provide you with one of their Global phone to use while youa re travelling and that way you can keep in touch (it is pretty spendy per minute so maybe use it as little as possible and MAKE SURE you keep it safe, people loose them all the time!!)

http://b2b.vzw.com/international/Global_Travel/index.html

You cna also bring your Nokia and get a pre-paid SIM card while you are there for a few Baht (I have beenm there and LOVED IT!) And use that for local calls as you need it. I did that but actually did not end up using it that much.

ANy questions? Are you going for fun?

Please let me know if you need any additional assistance. Please click Accept to close out the question and so I get credit for it.

Thank you so much!!

Experience: 5 years working with major US carriers in billing, contracts, devices and network