Daniel P.
Daniel P., Wireless Consultant
Experience:  Extensive experience with AT&T and Alltel/Verizon in areas of tech support and consulting!

i forgot my cell phone password, how do i unlock it?

Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 3 years ago.

What phone are you using?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
a sprint samsung model# XXXXX
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
how long does it take?
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 3 years ago.

how long does what take?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
what other =infoprmation do u need?
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 3 years ago.

I see. Have you ever backed up your information to your computer? Or is most of your stuff on your SD card?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no i havent back up anything. all my things r on the sd card.
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 3 years ago.

Ok. You can perform a hard reset. You'll lose all your info unless its saved to the SD card. I've outlined the instructions below:

1. Turn the power off. If your Samsung Intercept is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
  2. Hold the Volume Down or Both down and up button
  3. Press and release the Power button
  4. You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
  5. Select Clear Storage/Data by pressing the Volume Down button
  6. Press and release the Power button
  7. Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO

Thanks

Daniel P., Wireless Consultant
Experience: Extensive experience with AT&T and Alltel/Verizon in areas of tech support and consulting!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
do i turn off the phone?
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 3 years ago.
Yes. Step 1 is to turn off your phone. "
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
than?
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 3 years ago.
  3. Press and release the Power button
  6. Press and release the Power button

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
it didnt work, when i turn it on its asking for the email which i dont have one i had it but i dont use it anymore.
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 3 years ago.
Ok, do you remember what the e-mail was? It should be a gmail account
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no i stop using it a while back
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 3 years ago.

Ok, if you don't remember your pattern and you also don't remember your Google info, then the only thing you can do is contact Samsung directly. They most likely will need to have you send in your device for service. You can reach them at 1-888-987-4357.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding my answer, otherwise, please note that while you've placed a deposit, you must still click 'accept' in order to close the question and ensure your expert (me) gets creditied by JustAnswer.com. There's no additional charge to click 'accept'.

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
but you didnt help me unlock it!!! i didnt wanted to go through all that hustle with sprint, thats the only reason i try to unlock it my selfr.
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 3 years ago.
I didn't tell you to call Sprint--Sprint cannot help you. I said to call Samsung. The hard reset apparently didn't do the job--you don't remember you Google e-mail, and you've forgotten your pattern. The only way around this is with Samsung. I never mentioned Sprint.