Daniel P.
Daniel P., Wireless Consultant
Experience:  Extensive experience with AT&T and Alltel/Verizon in areas of tech support and consulting!
48810790

Is there anyway to recover a deleted Contact or phone number

Is there anyway to recover a deleted Contact or phone number on a Blackberry 9700 Bold?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 5 years ago.

Hello and Thank you for choosing JustAnswer!

Who's your carrier?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
AT&T
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 5 years ago.
Did you recently add this number to your contacts or is this a contact you've had for a while?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it was a recent
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 5 years ago.

Ok,

When is the last time you called this number or received a call from this number?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Friday 2 days ago

Expert:  Daniel P. replied 5 years ago.

Ok...Press the green 'call' button.

You should get a list of dialed and received calls. Scroll all the way to the bottom and look at the numbers. If it reaches back to 2 days ago, then you should be able to find the number there--if you've made a ton of calls since 2 days ago then the number won't be there.

Let me know

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I cleared the call log the other day

Expert:  Daniel P. replied 5 years ago.

The only way you can recover a lost contact is by the ways below:

1. If you've backed up your phone to your computer (outlook via blackberry desktop) since you first got the contact info. Then all you have to do is sync the phone.

2. You have to wait until your next bill comes out and look through your call records and locate 02/04/11 for the phone number that you're trying to receive.

Blackberry doesn't save contacts to SIM card, otherwise you could try some SIM card contact recovery software to retrieve it--those aren't free and sometimes do not work anyway--but since the Blackberry doesn't save to SIM, it won't work anyway.

Unfortunately since your call records were deleted, your options are few

Let me know if there's anything else I can assist with, otherwise please remember even though your deposit has been placed, you must still click 'accept' in order to finalize the question.

Thanks

Daniel P., Wireless Consultant
Experience: Extensive experience with AT&T and Alltel/Verizon in areas of tech support and consulting!