Eric , Android Expert
Experience:  3 Years as an Android Developer, Complete detailed knowlege of all Android Devices and the OS itself
57442719

I have an android tablet, wifi not cellular [no cell service]

Customer Question

I have an android tablet, wifi not cellular [no cell service] and android 2.2 OS.
when I try to download apps from android market website - I get a strange response:

There are no android phones associated with this account. Please sign in with a different account.

Again, Its not a phone, its a tablet that is part of my Treadmill Proform "performance 1450"

what can I do to download apps ???????????????????????????????
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Richard S. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and you have set up the tablet with a valid gmail account? Are you able to get your e-mail on the tablet so far?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, I can easily view the gmail Emails on the tablet. The only problem is when I try to download applications and the answer is "There are no android phones associated with this account".

I dont even know where can you associate a tablet to the account. afterall its not a phone its a tablet with no cellular just wifi.

awaiting your reply, Adoram
Taeka look at this and see if it works. This is a alternate to the MArketplace and may work

http://m.slideme.org/SAM/
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
This site works well on my tablet, it downloads programs easily. all real smooth. Yet, I am unable to download from the android/market and
that is due to same problem I indicated before.

Last effort to find out how can I work with android/market with a wifi tablet that is NOT a cell phone?
Whats the way to associate a tablet device to my google account ?

Tnx, Adoram
When you first set up the table it should have allowed you to put the gmail account in. See the link below. Looks like a ton of people are havign the same issue. I am going to open it up to other experts in case anyone has a idea s I can not for the life of me find a answer anywhere!

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Android+Market/thread?tid=1c88c8d311c1b540&hl=en