Eric, Android Expert
Experience:  3 Years as an Android Developer, Complete detailed knowlege of all Android Devices and the OS itself

H730 echo on the phone i am talking to, what to do

Customer Question

H730 echo on the phone i am talking to, what to do?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Richard S. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, do you have this issue with everyone thjat you talk with or just the one line? Did you always have this problem or did it start out of no where? Does it happen all the time?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I just purchased this Motorola headset H730 2 days ago, and everyone that answers cell phone tells me IMMEDIATELY that they can hear themselves, ie: an ECHO OF THEIR OWN VOICE! This is a BRAND NEW and they brag about having TWO mics which are supposed to eliminate echos. I have a Palm Treo 755P cell phone. Never any trouble/problems with the Palm with other head sets. A Motorola problem???

Yes I do have a problem thjat shuts me up some times out of no where same as your spelling....

Sorry for the trouble with this, It could be a bad headset,. I would try the steps below to see if we cna isolate it.

1. Remove the headset from the paired devices in the Palm and then re-add it back and see if that is better.

2. if you have haccess to another phone with Bluetooth, try adding the headset to that phone and see if you have the same issue.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank you.

I have tried my old headset and it works ok at the other end. Pairing over and over does not seem to help. I even put a little square piece of scotch tape over the bottom mic and then the top mic, and that doesn't change the echo at the other end.

I think you are right, I will have to send it back to Amazon, and maybe get one from Motorola.

Don Garrison

Hi Don, yeah, that is what I am thinking as well. So sorry for the trouble with this one. At least you got it from Amazon which is great about returns!!