Richard S.
Richard S., Accounts and Device Specialist
Experience:  5 years working with major US carriers in billing, contracts, devices and network
46174997

My droid phone keeps saying Im low on space and my text message

Customer Question

My droid phone keeps saying I'm low on space and my text message memory is full....even though I have hardly any apps anymore. and I have emptied out all my texts. Because of this I have been missing text messages. I have restarted it, taken out the battery, and nothing seems to help. What should I do?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Richard S. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, are you using the stock messaging app or did you download another app like Handcent etc?

Also, do you only get this error when you are using text messaging or are you having other issues with the device?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm using the messaging app that the phone came with. For the most part I only get the alerts when I'm texting but sometimes it just comes out of nowhere. After awhile it'll go away but it just keeps coming back....its extremely annoying and causes me to not receive my texts until hours later.
Hmmmm, try this first.

Go to settings>applications>manage apps>select all apps>dialer storage>clear cache

Then yank the battery and put it back in and see if it works better
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Okay, I couldn't clear cache cause it wasn't light up...but I cleared the data, turned off the phone, took the battery out, and turned it back on. So far its working fine....so I'm keeping my fingers crossed :) thank you!
Cool! Clearing ANYTHING in there is good. Also, you dont have some crazy long SMS threads in your messaging box do you?

LET me know if it does not work and I am happy to keep helping. Keep that trick in your pocket as you may need to do it every couple of monmths or so when this starts acting up.

You can reply back even after you ACCEPT the answer, it does not close the question and we will keep working on this until we solve the issue for you!

PLEASE DO NOT leave Negative feedback! If you need more help PLEASE just reply to this question and I will keep working with you!

Please let me know if you need any additional assistance. Please click Accept to close out the question and so I get credit for it.

Thank you so much!!