Richard S.
Richard S., Accounts and Device Specialist
Experience:  5 years working with major US carriers in billing, contracts, devices and network
46174997

I dropped my iPhone and the screen went black. Is there h

Customer Question

I dropped my iPhone and the screen went black. Is there hope?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Richard S. replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. Please try the steps below in this exact order!!

Hold down the sleep/wake button at the top of the phone AND the Home Key. Hold both of them down at the same time for at LEAST 20 seconds or until the phone resets When you see the silver Apple logo, release the buttons and immedietly plug the iphone into either your wall charger or the USB cable connected to your computer (to provide a power source.)

It can take a couple of minutes for it too boot backup, but it should work after that.

If it works, please click Accept as that is how I get credit. If not, let me know and we will keep working on it. Bonus NOT necessary but ALWAYS appreciated!!

PLEASE DO NOT leave Negative feedback! If you need more help PLEASE just reply to this question and I will keep working with you!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
When I first asked the question, it had a place to enter what I've tried already and I typed that I had tried exactly what you asked me to in your "answer". I tried it again, it doesn't work.
I know you tried it, but the timing and the steps are VERY important and people do not get that sometimes.

Ok, are you 100% it is charged? I would try plugging it into the charger for a good 30 minutes and see if you cna get any recognition at all. Also, pull the SIM out of the phone. Then try the double button hold again WHILE on the charger
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I had just unplugged it from the charger and dropped it. I can hear the messages and calls coming in, but cannot view them as my screen is black. I tried the SIM card thing, it still doesn't work.
Oh boy. Are you getting any flickering on the screen at all?

Ok, try one more thing.

Plug into charger, with SIM OUT, press and hold the two keys down and count to 60. at about 45 it MAY come back on, but count the full 60 to make sure you dont release too soon.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No, it still isn't working.
Hmmmm, do you have a case or a screen protector on it? if so, remove them, then try the reset again (might also just come on)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No, nothing on it.
Yuck, I am so sorry. Might be the link cable for the screen. If it is under 1 year old I would try to get AT&T or Apple to replace it, just say it turned off out of no where. If out of warranty, take a look at the site below, they do a great job. So sorry I was not able to help :(

http://drphonez.com
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Because he told me to try the thing I said I had already tried in the first box. It was like he wasn't listening to me at all.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'd better not be charged for this question, because you didn't answer me successfully.

Your funds will stay in your account for use on another question in the future or you can request a refund with the link below. Best of luck getting the issue resolved!

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund