Richard S.
Richard S. , Accounts and Device Specialist
Experience:  5 years working with major US carriers in billing, contracts, devices and network
46174997

my Blackberry Curve wont switch on and the red light is flashing

Customer Question

my Blackberry Curve wont switch on and the red light is flashing once then three times quickly then once again
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Richard S. replied 5 years ago.
The first thing to Try is Remove the battery and SIM (if you have on, varies by carrier) from the phone and wait 20 seconds, then, with the battery still out, plug it into your wall charger, then place the battery and SIM back in and turn the phone back on.
There are several other things we can do, but this is the first step. If it works please go ahead and Click Accept as that is how I get credit and if it doesnt work let me know and we will keep working on it!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
That hasnt worked cannot turn Phone on and the red light is still flashing onc then three times quickly an then once again in that sequence

I am sorry for the trouble that youa re having with the device. Please try the following steps and make sure that you do them in the EXACT order listed.

You want to make sure that you download the Desktop software if you do not have it yet (see link below if you do not haveit, this is a BIG file!!) Install and open up the software, and plug in the USB cable and see if the computer will recognize the phone and if it will, go to File and down to "Restore" and see if it will bring the phone back. if that does not work, then try the same thing Device and down to "update my device" and see if that works.

http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/

Please keep me updated!

You can reply back even after you ACCEPT the answer, it does not close the question and we will keep working on this until we solve the issue for you!

PLEASE DO NOT leave Negative feedback! If you need more help PLEASE just reply to this question and I will keep working with you!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have the Desktop software and it does not recognize the phone
I am so sorry, there may noit be anything that can be done if you cna not get it recognized at all. If you ahve had the phone for under 1 year then there will be a warranty on it and I would take it to your wireless carrier and ask them about a replacement under warranty. if older than a year, take a look at the link below to reload your OS. not fun and may not work if the computer will not recognize the device.

I am so sorry!

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-lecture-12-how-reload-operating-system-nuked-blackberry
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it was a christmas present for my son so it is less than a month old the computer will not recognize the phone so i have taken it back to supplier
Great! I mena great that it is not past the warranty! They should swap it out for you no problem!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
will let you know if they can resolve the problem
Sounds good! Good luck!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the phone was returned with a new circuit board and was manufacturers fault , you didnt give me any expert answers that i didnt know or try myself or were common sense so I didnt receive any expert help from you
Well thanks for being so cool about it
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thas cool m8

Your funds will stay in your account for use on another question in the future or you can request a refund with the link below.Glad it all got resolved

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund