Cellphoneguru
Cellphoneguru, Cell Phone Tech
Experience:  4 years advanced tech support for PDAs.
4224770

How do I transfer photos from my lg cell phone memor to my

How do I transfer photos from my lg cell phone memor to my desktop?
I have installed a data cable and lg driver software to my pc.
Gene A.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Cellphoneguru replied 3 years ago.

Cellphoneguru :

Hi! I can help you tonight!

Cellphoneguru :

What kind of phone do you have?

Cellphoneguru :

I know you said LG..what kind of LG?

Customer :

LG Prime

Cellphoneguru :

Great do you have a memory card in the phone?

Customer :

Yes @ Gig

Cellphoneguru :

8gb?

Customer :

Sorry, I screwed that up. I have 2Gig

Cellphoneguru :

that's ok

Cellphoneguru :

do you know if your pics are on your memory card?

Cellphoneguru :

if not you will want to move them there-let me know if you need the steps. I would start there.

Customer :

I assume so. They are under my stuff

Cellphoneguru :

When you get to the pictures on your phone, press option(s) on one of the pictures, a list of options will come up, go to Mark all and press it. After pressing the mark all, press option again, and you will see send marked or copy marked.

Once you choose mark all from the options, you will be able to send all the pictures at one time to memory card.

But if you do not see the mark all features or option on your phone, then its means you will have to copy the pictures one by one.

Cellphoneguru :

I just want to see if you have the option to mark all and copy to memory card to make sure they are all there

Customer :

I don"t find options

Cellphoneguru :

When you connect your LG to your PC does a window come up?

Cellphoneguru :

Saying it is the Removable Disc drive?

Customer :

The message asks if I want to read the data using Win explorer

Cellphoneguru :

Do you see "view folder" anywhere

Cellphoneguru :

?

Cellphoneguru :

Open folder to view files I mean

Customer :

It shows a portable drive and memory of 1.86 g, clicking on this I get "music sync"

Cellphoneguru :

it shows a portable drive, then that should be your SD card. if it's saying that you have 1.86 g available, then you don't have much, if anything on your SD card to begin with. This should be something that you can "double click" and open up the drive to see what is on the SD card

Cellphoneguru :

Please double click it

Customer :

You know I think the problem may be that my messaging system is not installed

Cellphoneguru :

What type of messaging system? Do you mean on your PC or your LG? Honestly, that shouldn't keep you from being able to transfer photos to and from the pc

Customer :

It comes up with Music Sync and is connected

Customer :

I don"t know just a thought

Cellphoneguru :

i am in the process of downloading the user manual, i am sure the instructions will be there... just give me one second while i look through...

Customer :

So you are saying it should work as is

Cellphoneguru :

yes, and i am confirming in the usermanual that you should be able to transfer any files. However, i believet that the issue is actually due to the software on the pc, it wants to open up this music sync instead of your typical windows explorer drive. I'd like you to disconnect the device, then reconnect it and when it asks about windows explorer please select yes

Customer :

I hope you have better luck than I did. I've looked a half a dozen times with no luck.

Customer :

I did it and it come up with \gs390 music sync player

Cellphoneguru :

interesting...

Cellphoneguru :

this tells me that for some reason, the music sync software is defaulted as the main program that is loading up

Cellphoneguru :

unfortunately, I can't support this any further, as this will require configuring settings on your PC. However, I want to ensure that I provide you with the best service that I can and do not want to let you hanging on your own.

Cellphoneguru :

what I'm doing is getting LG's customer service information for you

Cellphoneguru :
800-243-0000

How to reach a live person:

Press 1 for English
Press 1 for customer support
Select your product and you will be transferred to a live person

Hours of Operation:

24 hours Advanced technical support - 8-5 eastern time
Customer :

could it possibly have something to do with the software That came with th cable

Cellphoneguru :

I apologize that I cannot help anymore

Cellphoneguru :

Most likely yes, however this might be a requirement of the device

Cellphoneguru :

I was reading around the user manual that talks alot about this software

Cellphoneguru :

Here is the site for the user manual in case you want to look. Just make sure you click the download for English: http://www.lg-cellphones.org/att-lg-prime-gs390-user-guidemanual-pictures.html

Cellphoneguru :

I apologize again, however I recommend that you contact LG for support

Customer :

there are some exe files that may be telling the pc to go to this file

Cellphoneguru :

I understand. However, I feel that you will need to speak to a specialist in this software for futher support, as I respect your time. If you feel that I have helped you tonight, please select "Accept." Best of luck with this issue!

Customer :

Well, you gave a heck of a try. Thanx and good night

Cellphoneguru :

You're welcome

Cellphoneguru :

Thank you!

Cellphoneguru :

I disabled the Accept button if you were unable to Accept. Thank you.

Cellphoneguru, Cell Phone Tech
Experience: 4 years advanced tech support for PDAs.