Richard S.
Richard S. , Accounts and Device Specialist
Experience:  5 years working with major US carriers in billing, contracts, devices and network
46174997

I have a Samsung T101G it says SIM card Rejected its a tracfone

I have a Samsung T101G it says SIM card Rejected its a tracfone can you please help me with this problem?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Richard S. replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thank you for the question.

So your TracFone came with a SIM card. What a great feature! Nowyou can store all your contacts on it, so when you upgrade to a new phone you won't have to re-key all my contacts...you'll just swap the two SIM cards.

Not so fast, Buckaroo! Your TracFone is full of surprises.

Surprise No. 1:
You would think that a SIM from one TracFone would be "compatible" in another, but it is not. The SIM card serial number and the phone serial number are tied together. They don't tell you this anywhere. You find out when you buy a new phone and try to use the old SIM in the new phone and get "Unregistered SIM" on the new phone screen. So you call Tech Support, who will then tell you the good news...they cannot be swapped. Why does it work this way? "Because that's the way The System is set up."

Yes, I will have to re-key in all 300 names on the contact list in my old phone. It was a time to purge some numbers, anyway.

Surprise No. 2:
If you deactivate a phone you have to get a new SIM card from TracFone if you want to put it back in service.

True example: I got a new LG600g and transfered my number and minutes from my Motorola W370 to it. This "deactivates" the W370, which was expected. After spending about an hour setting up my new phone I find I don't like the way it does some things and decide I want to return it to XXXXX went back on line and transfer everything back. I get all the way to the end when the screen says I have to call the 800 number and get a new SIM. That's right, they deactivate the SIM electronically even if it is the one that came with the phone. I called the number and they confirm that is what happens, and there is no way they can re-activate it electronically...I have to be mailed one. When I receive it I have to call them back to have them walk me thru activating it. This cannot be done on line. Why does TracFone do this? "Because that's the way The System is set up." :(

I hope that helps to understanding this! Please let me know if you have any additional questions!

You can reply back even after you ACCEPT the answer, it does not close the question and we will keep working on this until we solve the issue for you!

PLEASE DO NOT leave Negative feedback! If you need more help PLEASE just reply to this question and I will keep working with you!

Please let me know if you need any additional assistance. Please click Accept to close out the question and so I get credit for it.

Thank you so much!!