Richard S.
Richard S. , Accounts and Device Specialist
Experience:  5 years working with major US carriers in billing, contracts, devices and network
46174997

How do I get rid of facebook authentication failed message.

How do I get rid of facebook authentication failed message. Asks me to re-enter my facebook password XXXXX of course it works, yet I get the message again and again. I am technically challenged on terminology and usage of phone and computer. thanks.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Richard S. replied 5 years ago.
Hello. What phone model do you have?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
HTC Droid Incredible
I am assuming that you are using the app for facebook from the device and not loging into the website? Did this just start or has it always had this issue?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It happened several days ago. I'm not big on facebook and usually don't look at it on my phone. Just can't stand the icon to fix it on my phone and it doesn't work.
Ok, unless you have changed your login info (which it sounds like it is not actually denying the login...then lets try some stuff.

1. Remove the battery from the phone and wait 20 seconds, then, with the battery still out, plug it into your wall charger, then place the battery back in and turn the phone back on. Try app again when it reloads. Do those steps in that exact order.

2. Uninstall the app from the phone and reload it, see if that fixes the issue.

If neither of those work let me know and we cna try to dig into it a little more. Sorry this thing is being a pain, I hate it when they do weird errors like this!

If it works, please click Accept as that is how I get credit. If not, let me know and we will keep working on it. Bonus NOT necessary but ALWAYS appreciated!!

PLEASE DO NOT leave Negative feedback! If you need more help PLEASE just reply to this question and I will keep working with you!