Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

Why does my iphone suddenly start losing full battery power

Customer Question

Why does my iphone suddenly start losing full battery power in 6-7 hours? It used to last me two days without a 3G network. I deleted some apps I dont use but it didnt make a difference.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Pete replied 5 years ago.

Electronics Pete :

Hi there,
How old is your iPhone?

Electronics Pete :

is your iPhone connected or disconnected to the 3G network?

Electronics Pete :

The iPhone's battery power usually only lasts for around 24 hours when moderately used.

Electronics Pete :

Other settings like the frequency with which you retrieve email and the number of email accounts you auto-check can both affect battery life.

Electronics Pete :

As the battery becomes older, its ability to hold charge will decrease, and you will see a decrease in the length of time the battery holds its charge.

Electronics Pete :

You can turn off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to save battery life, as well as using airplane mode when you have no cellular cover.

Electronics Pete :

Adjusting the brightness to make the screen dimmer will also help conserve the battery life.

Electronics Pete :

Using 3G cellular networks loads data faster, but may also decrease battery life, especially in areas with limited 3G coverage.

Electronics Pete :

You should also let the battery completely run down before recharging it to maintain it properly and help it keep its charge for longer.