Richard S.
Richard S. , Accounts and Device Specialist
Experience:  5 years working with major US carriers in billing, contracts, devices and network
46174997

how can i unlock my htc incredible i forgot my password

Customer Question

Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Richard S. replied 5 years ago.
After entering your password XXXXX several times it should prompt you to enter the Gmail account information that you used to set up the device originally and it will then let you in and prompt you to set upa new password.

if that does not work or you do not know the gmail info then all you can do is a full reset on the device, this will erase everything on it (except what is saved to the memory card), but then you will be able to set it up again like it was new. Plese follow the steps below

1. Turn the power off. If your HTC DROID Incredible is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
  2. Hold the Volume Down button
  3. Hold the Power button until the display turns on
  4. You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
  5. Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
  6. Press and release the Power button to select
  7. Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO

If you selected YES, all data including third-party applications will be deleted from the HTC DROID Incredible. Once the wipe is complete, the phone will reboot to its factory fresh state.

You can reply back even after you ACCEPT the answer, it does not close the question and we will keep working on this until we solve the issue for you!

PLEASE DO NOT leave Negative feedback! If you need more help PLEASE just reply to this question and I will keep working with you!

Please let me know if you need any additional assistance. Please click Accept to close out the question and so I get credit for it.

Thank you so much!!