Richard S.
Richard S., Accounts and Device Specialist
Experience:  5 years working with major US carriers in billing, contracts, devices and network
46174997

how do i transfer pictures from my SD card to my new LG Ally

how do i transfer pictures from my SD card to my new LG Ally? I could only do the contacts but my pictures and sound I want too. Thank You
Tricia I was able to import from contacts but no import choice in gallery or camera? Can games be transfered by calling verizon?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Richard S. replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for the question. Do you want the pictures on your Ally or are you just wanting to get them off the phone and save them (i.e. do you want to have them on the computer or do you specifically want them on the other phone?)

Will the memory card from the old phone fit into your Ally?

If it does, then just put it in and then mount the phone to your computer and download the pictures that way.

1. Connect the Android device to the computer via the USB cable.
    Note: Only use the USB cable that came with the device.
  2. Tap the top status bar (the USB icon in the upper-left corner), and drag the status bar down.
    1.jpg

3. Tap the USB connected notification.
    2.jpg

4. Tap the Mount button.
    3.jpg

Let me know if you have any questions!

If it works, please click Accept as that is how I get credit. If not, let me know and we will keep working on it. Bonus NOT necessary but ALWAYS appreciated!!

PLEASE DO NOT leave Negative feedback! If you need more help PLEASE just reply to this question and I will keep working with you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Good Morning

Yes the card fits my ally and pictures can also be on my computer. I plugged usb cord that came with phone into computer and phone but there isn't a usb icon on status bar? it's just charging phone.What should I try now?

Thank you

Sorry for any trouble that you are havign with the phone.

When you plug the phone into the computer a box should pop up asking you what kind of connection you want. Choose "use as disk drive". If you don`t get the popup box, your phone may be set to not ask you. To fix this: - press "menu" to go to settings - select "connect to PC" - put a checkmark beside "Ask me" then every time after that you plug in the USB cord, the window will pop up to let you choose how to connect.

Please let me know if you need any additional assistance. Please click Accept to close out the question and so I get credit for it.

Thank you so much!!

Experience: 5 years working with major US carriers in billing, contracts, devices and network
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello

I have done all of your instructions and still nothing. When I hit hit the mount button it doesn't do anything. There are no pictures on phone. Sorry It's frustrating because I'm so close.

Thank You

Tricia

After you hit the mount button what it does is allow you to access the phones memory from your computer. So when you do that look in your computer (should pop up a option to view the device as a file etc) but you might need to look in your drives, like where you would see a thumb drive etc on your computer.

Then youi should be able to double click on that and see all data on the SD card and the phones memory. Look for the DCIM folder!