Mr. Clark
Mr. Clark, Cell Phone Engineer
Experience:  Cell Phone Repair Business Owner & CIS Degree

App error 523 on blackberry storm 2, unlocked but from vodaphone

Customer Question

App error 523 on blackberry storm 2, unlocked but from vodaphone uk
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 3 years ago.
Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer, a paid global support site.

Please do the following method to unbrick your Blackberry.

***THIS METHOD WILL WIPE ALL INFORMATION ON THE BACKUP.***

Be sure that you have the following:
  • Your Blackberry.
  • Blackberry USB cable.
  • Windows (XP/Vista/7) based machine.
  • Blackberry Desktop Manager (provided by your cell carrier) installed.
  • Blackberry OS provided by your cell carrier.
Now you are ready.

Leave your Blackberry disconnected. Open My Computer (or Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> Windows Explorer) and navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\ and right click on AppLoader.exe and select Run As Administrator (if you have a 64-bit OS, go to the C:\Program Files (x86)\... path).

Once you have AppLoader opened, connect your Blackberry to the USB and then plug the USB into your computer.

Watch for the screen to switch to USB-PIN:UNKNOWN. When you see it, click Next immediately. This will put the OS in reload mode. If you miss the USB-PIN:UNKNOWN, unplug, remove the battery, replace the battery, and try again.

Now the OS will be reloaded. Now you can select the application you want on your Blackberry and then click Next. Now the installation will start.

Once you get the The loading operation was successful screen, the phone will reboot itself. When it does, disconnect the USB cable from the phone.

The reboot will take around 15-20 minutes, be patience.

Once it boots up, you are ready to go.

Feel free to ask any questions, as I am here to assist you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi When I have tried similar to this I do not get the USB-PIN:UNKNOWN. as the connection is already recognised with my previouse conections to the blackberry, the conection does "sound" & open with route66, but I have not been able to update the os. If I need info from my provider this I will obtain, thanks
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 3 years ago.
The USB pin unknown flashes quick. I would suggest to try removing your battery and trying again.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi acording to my cell provider they do not store or install the software, this should be downloaded from blackberry. So I have downloaded blackberry device manager & apploader OS 5 bundel 245 platform 4.0.0.212 this is curently on my pc. I have tried what you sugest but when blackberry is rebooting the pc screen shows no conection option, & when reboot is nearly complete a pop up appears indicating blackberry1 G, is conected (just as external memory stick would be) asking if I want to play or open folder to view files.I have not seen any. USB-PIN:UNKNOWN always the conection box remains blank. I have tried this many times.

Help!

Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 3 years ago.
So at no long point you get a screen that looks like this:

graphic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi I do get the window but the connection box is just blank blue, no option to tick the detect conection box either. I watch the screen continuously, but as soon as I think the reboot is near ending ie the blue bar on the blackberry screen base extends fully to the right, up pops the found new hardware window with the hardware described as blackberry1 G

when this pop up ocurs, the blue box on the connection screen goes white until I click on this screen again, but by this time the blackberry has gone into app error.

Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 3 years ago.
Okay, let's try this.

Remove the battery from the Blackberry and disconnect the USB cable from the PC.

Now, leave the battery out, and open the AppLoader program on your PC as directed above.

Now plug the USB cable into a different USB port and insert the battery.

Watch the AppLoader program. As soon as you see USB-PIN:UNKNOWN, click Next immediately.

Update me on the results.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok with the second usb port, I only have 2, the connection box reads USB-PIN:20cd1580, when I click next the apploader connects, reads configuration, & goes to device application selection with a box reading "the blackberry desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the device that you have conected to the computor. contact your wireless service provider or system administrator" I only have 2 options open to me within the wizard, either add or cancel. Add allows me to select a file from the pc.

I will try again as this time on removing the usb cable the phone went to shut off, not something it has done before, but now back to the loop again via error 523.

Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 3 years ago.
I'm out of options. Either there is a hardware defective or you need to go to a Vodaphone retail store and have them reload the OS. That may be difficult if you are not a Vodaphone customer.

I will open this up to other experts if they want to chime in.

Good luck.