Daniel P.
Daniel P., Wireless Consultant
Experience:  Extensive experience with AT&T and Alltel/Verizon in areas of tech support and consulting!
48810790

i have a sgha177 when i turn it on says enter password is their

i have a sgha177 when i turn it on says enter password XXXXX XXXXX a code to unlock it
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Walt-mod replied 5 years ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Category Moderator on Just Answer.

Thanks for your question! This is not a request for more information and I apologize if this message caused you any confusion.

I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. Most questions are responded to within the hour, but this can depend on different factors, including the difficulty of your question, how many questions are being posted by customers, whether or not this type of question can be answered in an on line forum and how many Experts are on the site at the time your question posts.

I will go ahead and try to find an Expert to assist you with your question and appreciate your patience. You will receive an email notification when an Expert replies to you, just as you did here. Unfortunately, I can not guarantee a time-frame for which yours will be answered and I apologize a head of time if the wait is longer than expected.

Please do not reply to this message unless you do not need further help. If that is the case, please let me know and I can assist you with that. When you reply, it locks out the question from the Experts and will slow down their response time to you. If they need more information, they will let you know.

Please remember that if you get a satisfactory answer from your Expert to click the green accept button so the Expert is compensated for a job well done. Positive feedback is appreciated by them also. :)

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Best,
Walter
Moderator
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 5 years ago.

Hello there,

Thank you for your continued patience. Are you trying to unlock your phone so that you can use a different SIM card in the phone or are you referring to the security code which is requred in order to get into the phone period?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
security code is what i need. as soon as it turns on it asks for a password XXXXX forgot the password XXXXX can not get in the phone at all it is not forthe sim card
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 5 years ago.

Gotcha,

Unfortunately unless the generic codes such as 0000, 1234, or the last 4 numbers of the devices' phone number works, there's no easy way of getting the phone unlocked. You could send it to a Samsung service center and have them unlock the phone or you could send it to a local cell phone center but I'm not sure how much they'll charge or if they charge anything. Often times the cost of unlocking a phone will exceed the value of the device. Sorry for the bad news :(

Let me know if you have anything else I may assist with, otherwise please click 'accept'

Thank you and happy new year

Daniel P., Wireless Consultant
Experience: Extensive experience with AT&T and Alltel/Verizon in areas of tech support and consulting!