Richard S.
Richard S., Accounts and Device Specialist
Experience:  5 years working with major US carriers in billing, contracts, devices and network
46174997

I JUST LOCKED MYSELF OUT OF MY ANDROID...I NEED IN IT..I DONT

Customer Question

I JUST LOCKED MYSELF OUT OF MY ANDROID...I NEED IN IT..I DON'T KNOW MY EMAIL AND PASSWORD XXXXX MY GMAIL ACCOUNT...PLEASE HELP. i made a new one on gmail and it isn't working in my phone and if i have to do a reset i will id rather not..but i need instructions.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Richard S. replied 3 years ago.
Hello. I am sorry but you need to use the EXACT gmail account that was used originally to set up the phone. Sounds like you do not have that information correct?

What model of device do you have and I will see what I can do to help!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I don't have it becuase i don't ever use my gmail...now i know to write it down. I have a Samsung intercept powered by google
Got ya. Yeah, people dont realize that the whole device is driven by gmail and so when they set them up or the samesperson sets up the phone they get locked out and have to do a factory reset, which is what we have to try now. UNFORTUNATELY this is going to erase everything on the device (that is not saved to the memory card.)

• Turn the power off. You need to pull the battery out and reinsert it if your phone gets frozen
  • 2 Hold the Volume Down button
  • 3 Press and release the Power button
  • 4 A menu appears that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear storage, and Simlock
  • 5 Press the Volume Down button to Select Clear Storage
  • 6 Press and release the Power button
  • 7 Make your decision by touching one of the two options: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO
  • 8 If you selected YES, all data will be deleted from the phone including third-party applications. The Samsung Intercept will reboot to its original data.
And for sure make sure you keep track of your Gmail info!! ALSO< go to the marketplace and download a app Called My Backup Pro (see link below.) it is the best $5 you will ever spend as it will back up ALL information in case something happens to the phone again where you have to reset the device or lose it etc.

http://www.cyrket.com/p/android/com.rerware.android.MyBackupPro/

You can reply back even after you ACCEPT the answer, it does not close the question and we will keep working on this until we solve the issue for you!

PLEASE DO NOT leave Negative feedback! If you need more help PLEASE just reply to this question and I will keep working with you!

Experience: 5 years working with major US carriers in billing, contracts, devices and network
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
it won't let me do the hard reset...it just boots up im holding down the volume down...and pressed and released the power key
Ok, try it this way,

Remove the battery, put it back in while holding down the volume button, when it starts turining on keep pressing and releasing the power button until the menu pops up, WHILE STILL HOLDING DOWN THE VOLUME KEY

also, how long have you had this phone?:
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ive only had the phone for a month...i went from a samsung moment becuase i broke the screen on the moment and this is the insurance replacement. and that way didn't work either....it's very frustrating

Damn, this does happen sometimes, there are some issues with some of these not working for the reset (defective)

Long shot, but lets try something else,

Call that phone from another phone and when it is ringing, hit the back key like a mad man and see if it will let you into the menu, where you can view the gmail account you had listed.

IS that doesnt work, I would start yelling at your wireless carrier/insurance company.

One LAST possible long shot ...try to dial

*2767*3855#

So sorry this is being such a pain!!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
still a no go...have done the calling from another phone like three times...wont let me do it...ugg..this is horrible...
Man, I am so sorry! I have seen about 50 of these on the Smasung Android devices where the factory resets just DO NOT work!

You have NO idea on the gmail account?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
nope and when i went to gmail and told them i didn't know my user name they emailed me back to an alternate email and said they didnt have any records...which is crap becuase i always use my alternate email
Which wireless carrier do you have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Stupid Sprint
Damn dude...Ok, here is what I would do.

1. Call up Asurion (I am pretty sure that is the insurance carrier) and be firm but polite and tell them exactly this "my phone is not letting me in even though I am entering the correct password XXXXX will also not accept the proper gmail account info" Tell them you have tried a factory reset and it is also not working and you think the phone is defective. They should send you another one. DO NOT LET THEM CHARGE YOU FOR THAT!! I would aslo call up Sprints customer care and pound on them a bit, see if they will warranty the device.

DO NOT ADMIT FAULT! Just tell them that what they sent is not working. I am so sorry, if it was Verizon or T-mobile I might be able to pull some strings but I have no connections at Sprint :(
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thanks
I am so sorry man. This sucks. PLEASE let me know if there is anything else I can help with and let me know how it goes with Asurion/Sprint
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
asurion dropped me...becuase i broke my phone a couple times and then it got stolen should i still try to call them.....im really upset becuase my phone is my life and it's hard to not have it.
I hear ya. I would still call asurion, they sent youa defective device (this is trully a defect and if it was FROM sprint they would swap it out as this is a known issue, the not being able to do a factory reset, not the not knowing your gmail account ;)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
what would happen if i just took it to sprint and told them about it..could they do a factory reset?
They may be able to flash the firmware version if they have the proper computer (dont know if they do or not, but worth a shot!)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
just a friendly piece of advice on the Android the sprint lady got the menu for the complete wipe of the phone by holding down the send and power key and holding the volume down button! and it worked! i lost everything but at least it unlocked my phone.
What the heck!!! Did she do that right away? I was not aware there was another menu option for that model! Thank you so much for that info!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no actually she googled it...and found what you had told me and then she just tried doing it a different way..just out on a limb and it worked...i was sooo happy i can't live without my phone! haha gotta text and facebook! you are very welcome
Un freaking believable!!

Thanks again and glad you got the phone back!