Daniel P.
Daniel P., Wireless Consultant
Experience:  Extensive experience with AT&T and Alltel/Verizon in areas of tech support and consulting!
48810790

can a samsung trac phone be tapped with spyware

Customer Question

Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 5 years ago.

Hello my name is Daniel.

The short answer is "yes" but it is highly unlikely. Tracfones are among the most secure phones on the market and are in fact so secure, that people have the hardest time unlocking them from the Tracfone network to use on other networks. Spyware is designed to embed programs and small processes onto computers and devices in order to obtain information regarding the user or the device. This is very high risk (to the intruder) and usually is not done on mobile phones due to heavy penalty and the relatively weak return. Unless you're a very important person or very very rich, then you should not worry about spyware on your phone, ESPECIALLY if you don't have a smartphone (blackberry, iphone etc). The only way to obtain spyware is to get infected by browing the internet on a smartphone or have someone install a third-party program onto your phone.

I'd be happy to answer any follow-up questions, otherwise please make sure to click 'accept' in order to close the question.

Thanks :)

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I never went online or enabled blue tooth,would that make it more unlikely?

Expert:  Daniel P. replied 5 years ago.
Never going online definately would make it more unlikely. Bluetooth has nothing to do with it. Even if you went online with your device, it would still be slim to none chances of getting infected with spyware.