PramitP
PramitP, Electronics Engineer
Experience:  Diploma in Electrical and Electronics from AVV University
12720903

Help! My samsung mobile has stopped working. I can turn it

Customer Question

Help! My samsung mobile has stopped working. I can turn it on and off, but it won't even let me input a PIN, no response to key presses. It started earlier today when only the left button (menu) was unresponsive.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  PramitP replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to Justanswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to help you out.

Can you provide the exact model number of your device?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I do not know (now searching for packaging), would it be on the device somewhere?
Expert:  PramitP replied 4 years ago.
Just remove the battery and you will find it printed on the phone.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I think it'd an SGH - J700, how do I get the battery cover off?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ahha! SGH- G600 (got battery cover off)
Expert:  PramitP replied 4 years ago.
Since you know the model number now, please let me know if your phone is under warranty?
That is is it within one year of purchase?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No, I've had it more than a year. It was working fine this morning, then during today it has gradually reduced in function to just on and off.
Expert:  PramitP replied 4 years ago.
Well, since you do not have it under warranty anymore you will have to shell out some money getting it repaired.

The problem is with the keypad ribbon also called keypad flex. It connects the upper and lower parts of the slider phone. This is a common wear out for slider phones.

It will cost you around $20-$30 including labor charges if you get it fixed at a repair shop. The ribbon itself costs less than $10.

If you have any other queries then I would be glad to assist you further.

Please click the green ACCEPT button if you like my help. Please DO NOT ACCEPT IF you wish to leave a NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.
Positive Feedback and Bonuses are always appreciated
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
OK that makes sense, thank you. I'll take it to a repair shop. I do not want to pay £11 for this advice. will you accept £5?
Expert:  PramitP replied 4 years ago.
Sorry but there is no option to deduct the value of this question. And I get paid only after you accept the answer.
I believe I have provided necessary information to you which definitely also saved some money on your part as a diagnosis would have anyways cost you some money.

Rest is upto you. Thank you for using the service. I hope you problem gets fixed soon.

Regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I appreciate your diagnosing the fault, but the amount I have been asked to pay is more than my mobile cost each month, which is too high in my opinion for an answer of this type. I am going to raise this as an issue with Justanswer, since I do not believe I was offered the chance to propose any other fee level.

I am not happy for you to go unpaid when you have provided a satisfactory service, I'll get back to you after I've heard from them.
Expert:  PramitP replied 4 years ago.
Well I wish you luck. Hope you get a satisfactory response.

Have a nice day.